"Zombified" - by Luminescence22 [Not on wattpad]

Zombified:

After waking up in a strange, ruined town, Avery finds herself alone, with absolutely no other survivor than her in the ghastly town. To add insult to injury, she realizes that she has amnesia - a hindrance that prevents her from finding a plausible story (or reason) for the unexplainable event. Avery is horrified to know that almost all the Pokémon-friendly creatures-have been zombified by a dark, eerie force intending to destroy the whole Pokémon World. With the help from a few other survivors, will Avery be able to save the Pokémon World before it's too late? Or will fear become the source of her failure, bringing the whole world down to its doom?

F. E. A. R.

Forget Everything And Run; or

Face Everything And Rise?

It's time to find out.

Genre: Fanfiction

Scarlet (@Scarlet_Regnar)'s review:

This book, although on the short side and uncompleted, has become one of my favorite fics. Plotwise, the zombie setting was surprisingly believable, as I've seen so many zombie video games that I'm a bit numb to the genre. Each character was unique and fleshed out, and both the dialogue itself and the motions of the characters while talking were executed perfectly. The imagery was also commendable, as I could see things in my head as they happened. Also, amnesia is used a lot in fics recently, but this book handled it well, as the main character does begin to remember bits and pieces as she goes along. The fic also doesn't drag, much with the help of the mysterious "voice in the head", that I'm sure we'll see more of to come.

The two bits that lost me were the humanness of the zombies and the element of the sages, which may be expanded on if the book's continued. To me, it's beyond suspension of disbelief when the zombies can not only talk and think like humans, but train Pokemon like humans also. They seemed more like an evil team than dead people.

Also, i'm not a big fan of the whole "sages and prophecy" bit. It's been done a lot, and she basically told "you're the chosen one" with no explanation of how they know this and what she's supposed to do.

One last confusing bit was the grass gym with the phlegmy environment. Whatever that was / had happened was left hanging in the wind and I'm not sure how that was important besides a reason for Nina to get kidnapped.

But overall, the writing and story is top notch and does a lot better than my own writing. I hope to see more and maybe modify my criticisms as my questions are answered

Scarlet's Rating: 8.0 / 10

Thorn (@The_Dragons_Thorn)'s review:

If you didn't know already we are reviewing the book "Zombified" By our very own @Luminescence22. To be completely blunt and honest I absolutely love this book I was hooked, but as there is with almost all books there are some problems, this book for example has a very common plot, the main character, Avery, has amnesia this is seen in a lot of books and I mean a lot, and she has a connection with the champion and other famous figures in the Pokemon world. Now don't get me wrong I don't hate the plot it's just that it is used way too much nowadays, but there are good thing about the plot as well instead of having powerful Pokemon she actually has yet to start her training.

Now let us focus on some of the good aspects of this book. I was very surprised to see how Avery (the protagonist) is almost immediately thrown into danger, there is no build up to it it just hits you with it which makes it that more exciting. It also describes everything in such detail that it is mindboggling how she had the patients to do so.

Now we must move onto the negative aspects. It was extremely easy to get lost in the plot and trying to follow the storyline made it that much harder. The frequent use of commas is also very confusing. Other than this it was a fantastic book that I would recommend.