Members' Favorite Fanfics: Sheldon

Admittedly, I'm a writer that hasn't read much on the site. I also happen to have a very picky taste when it comes to reading Pokémon fanfics, so picky that it stops me from gaining interest easily. As such, I only have three I would say are my favourites, and I can't order them either.

 As such, I only have three I would say are my favourites, and I can't order them either

Shiny; a Pokemon adventure by Evvycat

This was the first Pokémon fanfiction on Wattpad that I ever read all the way through without getting bored at any point. I don't remember how I came across it, but I can't stress how happy I was to come across a fanfic that had the Pokémon as main characters – but it wasn't a mystery dungeon rewrite or something. It's an inventive take on the concept of shiny Pokémon, complete with a creative plotline and world, endearing characters and a fantasy heavy focus. It was like a fanfiction written by a younger me! It really did just have everything I loved to see, and that's about where my love for the story comes from. There was very little to dislike other than the author's simplistic writing ability and some corny moments, and, even then, those failed to detract too heavily from the book. The writing is definitely better than the average across Wattpad's Pokémon fanfictions, and the corny moments were few and far between.

Sadly this author is inactive, according to their account, thus they never finished the sequel. Clearly, there was a whole saga of stories on their mind that had serious potential, in my opinion.

 Clearly, there was a whole saga of stories on their mind that had serious potential, in my opinion

Getting Out of Fuchsia + The Girl with the Chikorita by d_s_t_e

I'm lumping these two together because the first title, in its current form, is short enough to stick right at the start of the second title as a sort of prologue story. Plus, I earnestly feel the same way about both stories. Anyway, if you haven't already read these fanfics, then you're yet to know how special being unique can be. A basic idea for a Pokémon fanfiction has been redefined by these fanfics, which show the life of a Pokémon trainer in a completely new light not done by any other fanfic I've ever seen – at least, not nearly as well as these books do. But as you dive deeper into the chapters of the sequel, you learn more and more about the dark secret that builds up the book's ludicrous world. Perhaps the beginning can seem a little bit off-putting by its vagueness, but I can assure you, stick with it and you will certainly read through until the end. The Girl with the Chikorita deserves its Pokémon Watty Award for certain.

Even if not for its innovation and creativity, this is a fanfic that sets some standards, in my opinion. Not that all Pokémon fanfics need to be super unique and such, as that doesn't automatically guarantee a good idea. But the world and rules these stories create, the way they stick to those rules and still boast character depth, as well as a plot with simple-to-follow complexity, is what makes these fanfics a fine example of an aspiring writer who is taking their work seriously. I dare you to find a fault. (Please don't really; you'll just look like a jerk.)

-SGMijumaru-