"We Are Pokemon & We don't Need you Anymore" - by TheFreedomFighters

We Are Pokemon & We don't Need you Anymore:

A Pokemon fan fiction following the struggles of a team of Pokemon - A Zorua, a Mudkip, a Charmander, a Pidgey, a Snivy, and an Eevee as the main antagonist.

After their beloved trainer died in a fire, they retreat as they vow to get vengeance on whoever was responsible. While on the way to their destination, they encounter many obstacles, strangers, betrayal, enemies, and even near-death experiences. However, this group of Pokemon have a strong bond and a sworn loyalty among themselves, thus always having each other's backs. This, ultimately, is the reason for their survival.

And along the way, they slowly come to realization of the true horrors of the Pokemo/human dynamic.

Genre: Fanfiction

Rating: General

Ivy (@RiverIvy)'s review:

One thing that irked me in this story are the grammatical errors - especially concerning punctuation. For example, several times a space beside an end mark is quotations is missing. Also, I felt that semi-colons were a bit over-used, sometimes even incorrectly.

And next there's the repetition of words. "Said" was used a bit too often for my liking.

But putting grammar aside, I'll focus on the plot now:

One thing I definitely loved about this story was its originality. It isn't everyday that you'll come across a fan fiction with such unusual themes, breath-taking twists, and unique ideas from different perspectives. It really did change the way I viewed the relationship existing between Pokemon and humans.

The character development was also impressive.

Overall, it definitely is a worth wile read for those who want something a little different.

Rating: 8/10

PBF (@PokeBroncoFan)'s review:

First class. This was a brilliantly written story that was easy to follow, and easy to identify with the characters.

While most fanfics (including my own) borrow personalities from the games and series proper, a whole new point of view from the Pokemon's side really makes the reader think about whether or not training Pokemon is right or wrong. It makes the reader think about themselves: If Pokemon were real, would they be abused? Would they cooperate with humans? Would they revolt? How would the reader treat their Pokemon.

The idea of Pokemon fighting back against the humans who oppress them is noble to be sure, but should all Pokemon have to follow Eevee in her quest to fight back against every single human?

This is but the first book in a trilogy, and expect more intrigue, more action, more surprises, and more reflecting about ourselves and what is truly right and what freedom really is.

Rating: 9/10

Lilly (@ChronaLilly)'s review:

The Good:

This story is absolutely insane. Every single chapter is a rollercoaster ride, and you can't help but flip the pages. The characters are likable, and the team has a real sense of heart to it. You feel for all of them, and I couldn't help but cheer them on. It also provides an interesting contrast to what people usually think about Pokemon- not all of them are completely in love with their trainers. We all knew the bad people were out there, *cough cough Team Plasma, who end up doing more harm 'liberating' then good*, but these issues are always solved by people. This story trashes that and has Pokemon in a world of people, a world where they are nothing but tools of war, and now they're finally sick of it. (Oh yes, and there's a sequel coming out! So excited!!!)