"Crossed Paths" - by LittleSkitty [not on wattpad]

Crossed Paths: 

After the world was destroyed by legendaries, only 1 reigon, Mahtu, remained. This reigon was full of Pokemon from all reigons, and every trainer who survived. Including one girl with a unique power, which she currently doesn't know of.

But Amber soon begins to piece together the clues to the destruction of her friends homes, finding dark secrets, foretold destinies and...love? When People and Pokemon begin to go missing, who is behind it? Amber's crazed ex or Silver's father? And what is A girl named Serenity doing there? Find out in Crossed Paths!

Genre: Fanfiction

Ivy (@RiverIvy)'s review:

The first thing that caught my interest of this story was the fact that it took place in a whole new region – Mathu. I always loved fanfics like that; all the new creativity and originality of an entirely made-up setting, history, culture – just brilliant. I do wish that, at some points, though, the author focused more on it and its aspects.

I love the beginning prologue – the hook was great: the whole scene with Giovanni watching on his screen as Mew and Mewtwo destroy the other regions. It gives a beginning hint of the plot of the story, while at the same time building up a mysterious atmosphere that makes the reader crave answers.

In fact, the entire prologue in itself was great, as it did a fantastic job in piquing the reader's interest and urging them to read on – with the introduction of the main characters, villain, and plot being an added bonus.

I also did love the humor! It added a nice spice to the story and made it all the more entertaining. At some points, though, I think it was used in a bit of the wrong place or time. For example, in the prologue, when Giovanni is talking to Silver, the use of sarcasm about his gloves somewhat wavered the atmosphere – which was supposed to be tense and serious. Still, all in all, great comedy!

There's a great improvement in chapter five. Much more elegantly written and detailed!

I noticed several times that there were mistakes in dialogue formatting. It's easy to make for a beginner: but remember to always start a new paragraph when another character speaks!

Author's notes where a little too excessive for my liking. It's fine to have them in the beginning or end, but if it's in the middle it just gets irritating, frankly.

At some points, I thought that the writing was rather messy, and a bit unprofessional: like overused exclamation marks, capitalization, and too-short paragraphs.

Could use more details and elaboration; I felt like the author sometimes just rushed through certain pieces of information, with things like only the usage of parenthesis, just to get over with it.

I honestly don't see the point in using things like "flashback" or "The next day", "Few hours later", things like that. It would be much better to instead use some sort of indication (like, "I remember once, when..." following the use of italics to show that it's a memory from the past). It makes it much neater and more story-like.

Grammar was decent. I felt like it could be worked on with some things, especially punctuation and capitalization. Generally good, though!

This book was a light-hearted, funny and entertaining read – just perfect if you're looking for something comical and easy. While there are some areas to be improved on, I think the author shows promise in her writing. Keep up the good work!

Rating: 6/10 

X (@calliope95)'s review:

"OOOOOOH, MY, POST-APOCALYPTIC?! THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!" I love post-apocalyptic stories, they put so much more drama into the story. But I digress.