Individual Review of A White Christmas by CoordinatorIza

Platinum has taken a vacation from her travels to come home for Christmas

Platinum has taken a vacation from her travels to come home for Christmas. So has her friend/rival Lucas. There's some tension between the two, but when a shipping problem causes the presents for Lucas's little sister Cindy to not arrive in time, can the two of them come together to save the day?

One of the things I liked best about this one shot was the presentation. The cover is light and friendly and just gives off a warm, Christmas-y feeling that reminds me of a holiday special. There's a song at the top, cute little snowflake section separators, and a beautiful picture with a lovely Christmas-related quote at the very end. All in all, it does a lot to welcome the reader in and add a little bit of extra happiness to the reading experience. 

One thing I didn't like about it was how it repeats the genre and title in the first line of text, which is completely unnecessary, and also states the setting and point of view, even though the reader could easily figure out both of these things by reading the first few paragraphs of the actual story. It's much better to just let the readers figure these things out on their own, especially because it's easy to do so and because the actual writing is really good. I as a reader don't like being told things I already know, and I also don't want to waste time on boring intro stuff when I could get the same information while reading something that's actually good and interesting.

As I said, though, once the actual story begins, it is good and interesting. The first paragraph has some good description, and the flow of sentences is nice and smooth. Overall, it gives the impression of quality right from the start and makes it easy for the reader to sink into the story and become immersed in it.

The overall writing quality was pretty good throughout, except for a few persistent technical errors. Some readers might not notice, but for me, I got pulled out of the story a bit with all the incorrectly formatted dialogue, which there was a lot of. I also noticed errors with punctuation like commas and apostrophes and accent marks, a misspelling,  and a couple word errors.

Overall, the plot wasn't anything particularly unique or attention-grabbing, but it did make for a nice little story. I enjoyed the building of relationships between the characters, the realism of how events unfold, and the overall holiday feel. The one part that was obviously off was the passage of time over the course of the story, which even contradicts itself in stating how much time has passed at one point.

Really, though, all of the problems I found in the story are of the sort that could be easily fixed. It isn't a must read, but if you're looking for a short little Pokémon story to warm your heart during the Christmas season, this is one to try.