Author's Note

Hello Reader!

Welcome to my first ever public story! I've never shared a story in public before so we'll see how this goes. Also, thank you for choosing to read my story! It means a lot to me.
Content Warning:
With that being said, this story is part of a six book series and deals with topics such as birth scenes, divorce, adoption, violence, mental delay/illness/disorder, mild language and other themes that might be sensitive to younger readers or older readers throughout series. I'm not quite sure how detailed some of the scenes will be but I do have some idea. So if you are sensitive to these themes please don't continue reading. Some of these topics are just talked about and don't go into complete detail though. Also, please read this book first before the other ones. You won't be able to understand anything as the series goes in chronological order.

I'll also try to update this every Friday or Tuesday. I'm currently working on finishing the whole first zero draft of the first book. So keep in mind that this is only my first draft. Changes might happen if I decide to write another draft. (Update August 3rd 2023: Currently working on the official first draft) I wasn't sure if I was going to finish the book since I have a habit of starting stories and never finishing them. I pretty much write for my own enjoyment so that's part of the reason. I will also work on my series on my own time and pace. So if this means leaving you for a little while, I just want to give my absolute best my writing has to offer. But I have the majority of the book done and in the very last part of the book. I'm also trying to write the entire draft before I share it. I just think it'll be easier for me to be able to share the chapters every week like a TV show. This is also one of my first more serious stories and I'm proud of the progress I have made so far and I'm hoping to share it all with you.

With that being said, The main character of my story, Emily, isn't your typical protagonist. She's conflicted and has flaws. She isn't meant to be a hero. So a lot of the things she does throughout the series isn't hero-like. We just get to see her journey from being a conflicted girl to the villain she'll become at the end of the series. So if you feel unsettled or angry at the things she does, then I'm doing my job right.

Please be respectful in the comments and to the material. Constructive criticism is allowed though. All feedback is appreciated but please be polite about it. I'll try to answer any questions you have, spoiler free of course. 

Anyways, I'm sorry this was a bit lengthy but I do hope you enjoy this story and where it takes us. Happy reading!
-J.D.Driscoll