Chapter 5 Part 1

"Ready Jasmine?" I asked after we had breakfast and made our blanket disappear. 

I wanted no trace of us anywhere in case someone was following us. That someone being Alice the Nosy Werewolf. If she was following us, I'd rip her throat out so she'd leave us alone! I didn't need her! I just needed Jasmine and my Mommy! 

"Emi?" Jasmine asked weakly, looking at me. 

I realized that I was looking tense. Jasmine took my hands in hers and whimpered as she nuzzled my cheek. 

"Sorry Jazy," I told her. "I'm just thinking about that werewolf back at our apartment. Alice, I think that's her name." 

Jasmine's expression turned sour. "What about Alice?" She asked bitterly. "Alice wanna take Emi and Jazy away!" 

"Yeah, I know," I said. "To see some stupid warlock. But I didn't let her take us, remember?" Jasmine nodded her head. "I just don't want her following us. But we don't need her! All we need is each other!" 

"And Mommy!" Jasmine cried. Finally she wanted to get Mommy! "And egg!" She continued. "Emi and Jazy get egg!" 

"Right. The egg," I said, not as enthusiastic as Jasmine was about some stupid random egg. "Let's go see if that egg is still there." 

"Okay!" Jasmine cried. 

I winced under her loud voice but I took her hand. I removed the barrier from the entrance and we slowly made our way back to where we saw the egg. 

But instead of going in the direct direction of the egg, I turned in the direction I thought the castle would be. I knew I was tricking Jasmine but if I wanted revenge on my father and the royal family, I have to find the castle. Then find Mommy. I couldn't worry about how Jasmine worried about some egg we couldn't help, no matter how much I loved her. Our mission was Mommy and the royal family. We needed to stay on our mission. 

"Emi?" Jasmine asked after several moments of silence. She was holding onto my hand and leaning against me. "Are Emi and Jazy closer to egg?" 

"Just a few more minutes Jazy," I told her as I stared straight ahead. A hut of some kind was coming into view. "Then we'll be at the egg." 

"Yay!" Jasmine cried with delight. "Egg have Emi and Jazy!" 

But a second later, she gasped when we walked up to the hut. Her excitement over the egg was short lived and she whimpered with fear. "Emi," she said in a small voice.

"What's wrong, Jazy?" I asked, confused at why she was whimpering. 

"Jazy know this place," she whimpered. "Jazy no wanna be here!" 

"Let's just check it out," I said. "Maybe someone could help us." 

"No!" Jasmine moaned, shaking her head. "No! Go back! Go back!" She tugged on my arm, trying to get me to turn around. 

Jasmine sure didn't want to be here. This must be where she had been kept captive by her parents. She was getting more and more anxious the longer I stayed and stared at the hut. 

"Why Emi bring Jazy here?" Jasmine demanded. "Why? Where egg? Where egg?" 

"I'm sorry Jazy," I turned to look at her. She gave me an anxious look. "Is this where you grew up?" 

Jasmine nodded her head and whimpered some more. "Jazy no love here," she told me. She clung onto me. "Emi and Jazy leave and find egg! Emi promised egg!" 

"I'm sorry Jazy," I said again. "But let's have a quick look. We shouldn't stay out in bright daylight for a long time." 

I started to walk forward but Jasmine kept fighting me the whole way. "Emi no!" She cried, pulling on my arm. "Jazy no wanna be here! Mommy help!" She began to scream. "Mommy help Jazy! Emi mean! Emi mean!"