Chapter 1 part 2

Mommy had all of my childhood to leave. Why now? Why this year when I turned eighteen? Did it have to do with us being hybrids? Two hybrids couldn't be near each other when they were both adults? That was so stupid!

The light flickered and the room shook, my powers feeling my emotions. I want Mommy to say that she would never leave me. To say she would always be with Jasmine and me. But I knew it wasn't a reality and that made me angry.

"No!" I cried, frustrated. "Mommy no go!"

Yeah I know. I sounded like Jasmine but I kinda learned to use other people's emotions. If it worked for Jasmine, then it could work for me too.

"Em," Mommy pleaded with me. "Em, please calm down. You'll wake up Jasmine!"

Let her wake up! Let her stop Mommy from leaving! The shaking and flickering grew worse. I was trying to reach Jasmine. If the room shook enough, she'll wake up.

"Mommy no go!" I cried louder.

"Em, Em stop!" Mommy said. She pressed her hand against the back of my head, holding me tightly. "It's okay. I'll always be with you. That's why I gave you the wolf charm."

I sniffled and lift my head. The room stopped shaking. "What?" I asked weakly.

"The wolf charm has a part of my spirit inside," Mommy told me, reaching forward to hold the wolf charm in her hand. "You'll never be separated from me. Even when I'm not right with you, okay?"

I sniffled again. "Okay," I said weakly and pressed myself against Mommy again.

A few moments later, I started feeling hungry. "I'm hungry," I complained to Mommy.

Mommy gave a half smile. "Then let's go make breakfast," she replied. "And wake Jasmine up, will you?"

I groaned. Jasmine was the hardest person to wake up. "Do I have to?" I whined.

"Better you than me," Mommy said. "She said that I was mean to her the last time I woke her up."

I nodded, remembering how Jasmine reacted when Mommy forced her off the couch. "Mommy mean!" She had complained. "Mommy hurt Jasmine!" After that, she had tried to avoid Mommy that day and just stuck by my side. Luckily Mommy went to work most of that day and Jasmine forgot about the incident and loved Mommy again. I, however, was nicer to her when trying to get her up and took over the job of waking her.

But despite that, Jasmine was still our roommate and our friend. A former criminal and fellow werewolf, Jasmine had been lost and confused before she found us. Mommy took her in and took care of her while I had become her friend. Jasmine couldn't leave the apartment either but it worked out when Mommy had to go to work. We kept each other company and we weren't alone.

Once I had made my way out of Mommy's bedroom and down the small hallway to the living room, I spot Jasmine sprawled out on the couch. Deep in sleep and snoring loudly. Her blankets bunched up against her feet. She had kicked them off while she was sleeping. Several empty chip bags and crunched cans of soda littered the floor next to the couch where Jasmine's hand was hanging down, her fingers almost touching the floor.

Jasmine let out another loud snore. No wonder she couldn't hear us talking. Her snoring was loud enough to keep the neighbors awake at night. But Mommy had a sound barrier, blocking sound from inside the apartment so no one could hear us. Too bad it didn't block noise from outside the apartment though.

And just as my dream came, I didn't think about it whenever I was around Jasmine, it was gone for now. I had a job to do and that was to wake up my friend who was also like my sister.