Chapter 9 Part 1

Lily was silent for several moments, unsure of what to make of me being her sister, a stranger of all people! "I- I've heard stories about the banished hybrid princess. I just didn't expect them to be true!" She stammered.

"It's okay if you don't believe me," I said sweetly. "I wouldn't believe me either." I put on a fake pouty face, a little surprised at how I was acting. Maybe it was because I was closer to getting my Mommy back.

Lily still was processing all of this when Jasmine whimpered, not liking where this was going. "Jazy no Emi sister?" She asked fearfully, wiping her eyes with her hand.

I snapped my head in her direction to look at her. "You'll always be my sister, Jazy," I told her.

"Hmmm," Jasmine hummed with relief as she gave me a hug with a warm smile on her face. She nuzzled my shoulder.

"If I'm your sister," Lily said slowly. "Then how's she your sister?" She pointed to Jasmine.

"It's a long story," I said wearily as I held Jasmine in my arms. "Mommy and I found her about eight years ago-" Jasmine began to whimper loudly, trying to interrupt me. I sighed, knowing that Jasmine was about to get upset. She never wanted to talk about her past. It was painful for her. "We, uh, don't like to talk about it," I said instead.

Lily nodded in understanding. She came to join us on the bed, sitting at the end. Jasmine whimpered as she grew more upset. Just even the thought of her being once out all alone made her upset.

"Shhh! Jazy, it's okay. Emi here now. Emi got Jazy. Jazy not alone," I soothed her as I tightened my hug around her.

Jasmine calmed down a little but still whimpered and mumbled some babble. "Muh!" I heard her say a couple of throughout her babbling. "Muh!" She let out a laugh before she nuzzled my shoulder. "Emi! Emi! Emi!" She then chanted the rest of the time.

I noticed that Lily was staring at us with wide, uncomfortable eyes. Yeah, maybe I should pay more attention to how people reacted around Jasmine.

When Lily saw me looking at her, she quickly corrected her mistake and said, "Your sister sure loves you."

I only nodded my head and went back to nuzzling Jasmine. I kept comforting Jasmine until she felt better. This could take a while but Lily waited quietly until Jasmine lifted her head, sniffled, and rubbed her eyes with her hand.

"Better?" I asked gently.

Jasmine nodded her head. "Jazy want Mommy now," she said weakly.

I nodded my head in agreement. "We'll get Mommy and then we can go home," I promised.

"Hmmm," Jasmine hummed again as she smiled and hugged me.

"I didn't realize how rough people had it outside of the castle," Lily said with sadness.

"What do you mean?" I asked, finding it easy to talk to my new sister. I wasn't liking this. But a part of me liked it more than the half that didn't.

"Well, it's just that I've been in the castle all my life," Lily explained. "I don't get to see what people are like outside of the castle. My mother mostly keeps me hidden away from everyone. She favors my brother. He's next in line for the throne after Father."

"That's a lie!" I growled with anger. My fingers curled and my claws itched, wanting to come out. "I'm the true heir!"

Lily nodded her head quickly with agreement. "Yes, you are! But that's not how Father and Mother see it. You and your mother are traitors to the kingdom. If Father knew you were here-"