Chapter 3 part 2

In the morning, my eyes were droopy with sleep. I laid awake all night, making sure that Jasmine didn't wake up and watch the front door. Or threw another fit. I also didn't have my dream. Probably staying awake also kept it away, I thought. I could just stay awake for the rest of my life!

But I knew that that wasn't a reality. I needed sleep. I wasn't like those robots on TV that could stay up all the time. I sighed, laid on my back for a few moments, before getting up and making breakfast.

Jasmine came out of the room a few seconds later, groggy, and walking this time, as she rubbed her sleepy eyes. She climbed on top of one of the stools and sat, tapping her nails thoughtfully on the island countertop. She avoided my eyes the entire time I made breakfast. She was mad at me for what happened yesterday.

"Hey Jasmine," I greeted her, trying to lighten up the mood.

She ignored me, staring at the counter, watching her nails tap. I think she was just very confused and upset over the information of Mommy being missing. I knew the only way to make her happy again is if I agree to go look for Mommy. But that'll never happen since I didn't want to leave the apartment with strangers I never even heard of until yesterday.

When I set Jasmine's plate of food in front of her, she didn't protest, but she didn't eat either. I sighed. "Jasmine," I told her. "You need to eat."

"No!" Jasmine snapped, looking at me with anger. "Jazy mad at Emi!" She turned away from me.

"Jasmine, please!" I pleaded with her. "I didn't mean to hurt you, okay? I just didn't trust them." I mumbled the last part.

Jasmine rubbed her eyes some more but didn't say anything. She kept staring at the hallway. I reached forward from across the table and touched her hand with my fingers. She didn't move.

"I know how much Mommy and I mean to you, Jasmine," I said softly. "What you mean to me. You're my sister and I love you. It hurts me when you have tantrums like that. I know Mommy usually keeps you calm when she's here but at the moment, it's just us and I used my magic to calm you. I broke my promise when I did that and I'm sorry. Okay?"

Jasmine turned to look at me. She was silently crying as she listened to me. "Okay," she said quietly. "Jazy sorry too."

I smiled with warmth and went around the counter to where Jasmine was. She nuzzled me with her head.

We nuzzled for a while until we heard the door knock. I tensed when I heard Alice's voice on the other side of the door, "Emily, open up! We can't open the door!"

Jasmine whimpered. "Jazy no wanna go with them!" She whined as she pressed her forehead against mine. She sniffled and I knew she was about to throw another fit.

"I'll make them go away," I promised.

The door knocked again. "Emily!" Alice called. "We know you're in there! Undo the barrier spell so we can talk!"

"Go away!" I yelled loudly from where I was. Jasmine shrank back and covered her ears with her hands. "We don't want to go with you!"

"Emily!" Alice called, banging on the door. "Open up! Now!"

Crap! I thought angrily. Mommy was the only one who could remove the sound barrier. Jasmine whimpered some more. She really wanted them to go away. They were scaring her!

"I've got to go open the door," I told Jasmine. "They can't hear us in here."

"No! No! No!" Jasmine whimpered. "Emi no leave!"

"Emily!" Alice called again. She knocked, which scared Jasmine some more.

I took Jasmine's hand in mine. "I won't leave you, I promise," I said as I nuzzled Jasmine's head with my head. "If I go, you go with me, okay?"