Chapter 8 Part 2

Once we reappeared, we were on top of a hill, looking down at a large building unlike I have ever seen before, well at least on TV. Jasmine and I stared at the building in awe. Especially the tall towers on top of the building. 

This must be the castle! I thought with excitement. "Jazy!" I said out loud, shaking her hand. "I think we're here!" 

Jasmine moved up and down with excitement. "Emi rule humans with Jazy?" She asked. 

I laughed a little. "Not yet Jazy," I told her. She whined with disappointment. "First we have to rescue Mommy."

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Jasmine chanted. She pulled on my arm, wanting me to take her to Mommy. 

"Wait!" I said. She looked at me. "Father will recognize me! I have to change my hair!" I waved my hand near my hair and my black color changed to blue in a second. 

"Blue! Blue!" Jasmine said, getting excited that she knew the color of my hair. 

"That's right, Jazy," I praised her. Jasmine smiled, pleased with herself. "It's blue. Now, let's go get Mommy." 

"Okay!" Jasmine cried happily. She took my hand and pulled me down the hill and into the courtyard, not caring that there were literally guards standing at the gate. "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" She chanted all the way down. 

"Mommy-" she gasped and slid to a halt. 

The guards had pointed their spears at us. "Halt! In the name of the king, who are you and what are you doing here?" 

Jasmine whimpered and clung onto me. She didn't like these scary guards. I rubbed her shoulder gently as I tried to think of what to say. These guards were fierce enough to kill us if we said or did the wrong thing.

"Um," I said, lost for words. These guards were in my way! No one will stop me from getting to my Mommy! No one! 

"Well," one of them barked rudely. "What's your business here, peasant?" He spat the word with venom, like being a peasant was a bad thing. 

It was such a shame that these guards didn't know who I really was. If I had the title of Princess, they'd automatically let me in. But I didn't want Father to know of my presence just yet. I was tired of my dreams and visions taking control of me. It was time I took control of them! 

"We're new servants for the king," I said with a voice sweet like honey. I smiled and giggled lightly.

The guards exchanged confused looks but didn't lower their weapons. They didn't know what to make of what I said. I would kill them if they still didn't let us in. 

"The king isn't expecting new servants," one of the guards said, wearily looking at his partner. 

"The king sent us personal letters and invited us himself," I said proudly. They still didn't look convinced. "Look, my Mommy works for the king! If you don't let us in I'll-" 

"Guards!" An unfamiliar female voice called out from inside the castle on the other side of the gate. The guards snapped to attention. "What is all that racket?" 

The woman walked closer and opened the gate. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. Besides Mommy, of course. She had jewels and gold all over her body and dress. One blue and the other green. She was tall and majestic, just like someone of royalty should be. 

"My Princess," the guard closest to her bowed as he addressed her. 

A low growl rumbled in my throat. How dare he call that vile woman Princess! Mommy was the Princess! Not her! Jasmine whimpered softly when she heard me growl. She nuzzled my head, hoping that I wouldn't lose control of myself.