Chapter 8 Part 1

Well, I would've gotten some sleep if my wolf charm hadn't spiritually teleported me to where Mommy was. When I appeared in the dark room, my heart pounded with worry and partly with excitement as I might finally see my Mommy.

"Mommy!" I cried out when I spotted her slumped against a wall.

A tall figure towered over Mommy menacingly with a stick that had black liquid dripping from it. Some of the black liquid was on Mommy. I could now see that Mommy was in pain.

"Where's your daughter, Octavia?" The figure, sounding exactly like father, demanded. He bent down closer to her. "It's been days, my former love, I had guards storm your pathetic apartment at the outskirts of Moonville as soon after you foolishly brought my memories back to find no one there. Now, where is she?"

He stabbed Mommy with the stick and she cried out in pain. A cry caught in my throat as I stopped myself from crying out Mommy's name again. I didn't want Father to know that I was right there, watching them. I didn't even know if he would be able to see me.

"I don't know!" Mommy growled through her pain. "If she left, she could be anywhere in the Northern Kingdom!"

"But I'm right here!" I protested out loud. I couldn't help it. "Look Mommy! Look! I'm right here! I'm here to rescue you!"

I just barely saw Mommy glance over in my direction and her eyes widened. I wasn't sure if it was a good surprise or a bad surprise. But she saw me! She looked right at me! But just as quick as she had looked at me, she turned back to Father before he noticed what she had been looking at.

"Hmm, that's too bad," Father mocked. "She could have saved you, after all, you were the one who saved her. Maybe I was right all those years ago. She is your downfall, Octavia."

"Screw off!" Mommy snarled the insult at him which resulted in another stabbing of the stick of dark liquid, and leaving her to let out a painful scream.

"That's no way to talk to your prince!" Father said angrily. He stabbed her once more before he went on, "We're done for today. If you don't give me any information of where your daughter is in the morning, I'll have you executed."

Father turned around without another word and left the room, closing the door behind him. Now was my chance to talk to Mommy!

"Mommy?" I asked with uncertainty as I slowly walked up to her. Mommy was in so much pain she could barely move. Could she hear me? Would she be able to talk to me?

"Emily?" Mommy asked weakly, turning toward me.

"Mommy!" I cried out with happy relief. I reached forward to try to hug her but my body went right through her. I whimpered as I realized that I couldn't physically touch her.

Mommy sighed and traced the back of her hand down my cheek. I couldn't feel her hand but she was so close that she felt like I was right there with her.

"How are you here?" Mommy asked a second later. "Leo could've seen you!"

There was worry in her tone and I said, "I know. But the wolf charm somehow teleported me to you. But not physically. I'm with Jasmine and a girl named Alice. We're at her house with her family. They said they knew you and tried to take Jasmine and me to some high warlock. But we escaped and now we're at Alice's house."

"Alice Kirby?" Mommy asked. I nodded my head. "I used to work with the Kirby family. You should've gone with them in the first place. In fact, don't you go near the castle."

"W- why?" I protested. "Jasmine and I want to rescue you and bring you home!"

"Just don't!" Mommy said sternly. "You weren't supposed to go after me, Em! You were supposed to go with Alice and her family! Leo isn't allowed to go near you! We know what happens when he does! So if it means never seeing me again, then so be it! Just don't come to the castle!"