Chapter 11 Part 2

After we had reappeared in the prison cell, I felt giddy from the thrill of killing Princess Rose without getting caught. I grinned, thinking of what I had accomplished. One down, two to go. My revenge was underway and nothing would stop me! 

"Emily?" Lily's voice sounded frightened as she saw my delighted expression when I turned to face her. "What did you do?" 

"I killed the princess!" I announced delightfully, my grin widening. 

Lily's eyes widened with surprise. "What? How? That's impossible!" She stammered. 

"Guess I did the impossible," I said, pleased with myself. 

"Emily?" Mommy said groggily. 

"Mommy!" I cried happily as I turned and instantly went over to her with Jasmine following me over, going on either side of Mommy. 

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!" Jasmine chanted. 

"You killed the princess?" Mommy asked me, sounding confused as she touched Jasmine's cheek with her hand. 

"Well..." I trailed off. A part of me wanted to tell her, to tell her my plan for revenge was working, to tell her how giddy and pleased I was that I managed to kill the Viykin princess. But I held back, knowing that Mommy would be disappointed in me. She wouldn't want me to kill but it was too late. I was already killing. 

"Jasmine?" Mommy questioned my sister. 

"What Mommy?" Jasmine asked. 

"Did Emily kill the princess?" Mommy asked gently in a low voice. 

I looked at Jasmine, afraid she was going to rat me out. Instead, Jasmine whimpered and shook her head, avoiding Mommy's eyes. "Emi no do nothing!" She said. 

"Jasmine," Mommy said more sternly. 

Jasmine whimpered some more, not liking being forced to tell Mommy what I had done. "No! Mommy! No!" She whined. "Emi no do nothing!" 

She hugged Mommy, wanting her to love her. "No be mad at Jazy! Love Jazy! Love Jazy!" She said. 

Mommy sighed as she comforted Jasmine. "Seriously, Emily, if you killed the princess, that's a serious crime! What's going on, Em? I didn't raise you to kill people!" 

"You didn't raise me to be anything!" I protested. "You kept me locked up and hidden away from the world! You didn't let me be a true werewolf!" 

"I did it to protect you!" Mommy said harshly, letting go of Jasmine. "Leo was going to kill you! I loved you too much to let a human kill my only daughter! You're too powerful for this world, Em! People either wanted to kill you or take advantage of you! You won't ever be safe while out in this world! That's why I hid you away!" 

"How am I powerful?!" I whined. "I can't even use half of my powers!" 

"One day you'll be very powerful and no one will be able to stop you," Mommy said, "and what you're doing now will bring you down a dark path you can't escape from!" 

Mommy looked like she was about to say more but her eyelids grew heavy and she leaned back against the wall. 

"Mommy?" Jasmine and I asked at the same time with worry in our voices.

"It's alright my dears," Mommy said softly. "Mommy just has to rest." 

I helped her lay down and lifted up her shirt to check on her wound. I whimpered as I saw the poison getting closer up to Mommy's heart. We had to figure out a way to heal her. She couldn't keep healing herself and she might've stopped.