Chapter 10 Part 3

We walked down the fire lit hallway in silence. Well, silence except for Jasmine mumbling to herself, talking to her wolf. In her eyes, she could do nothing wrong. So chaining her up and telling her that she was to be punished, messed her up, almost to the point of where her mental state had been eight years ago when Mommy and I found her. 

I kept my hand on her shoulder, hoping to keep her from losing control. I tried to distract myself from lashing out at Father by trying to think about what the throne room might look like. Would it be like the throne rooms in the fantasy movies Jasmine and I watched together? With the big throne in the center, and marble floor and walls, with diamonds and jewels as decorations, and a chandelier sparkling above on the center of the ceiling? 

"Can you shut that thing up?" Father snapped at me. 

I glared at him. "No!" I snapped back. "And she's not a thing! She's my sister! She just does this to calm herself! You wouldn't want her out of control, do you?" 

Father gave me a disapproving look before turning back around to lead us down hallway after hallway. I scowled, angry at my Father for calling Jasmine a "thing". Why was the royal family so mean to Jasmine? Calling her names such as "thing" and "dog"? Jasmine was a person, a magical creature like me! They should fear her like they should fear me! 

I nuzzled Jasmine's cheek with mine and she chanted softly, "Emi! Emi! Emi!" Then after a while she yawned and said, "Jazy tired! Jazy tired!"

Uh oh. We weren't done walking yet and if I didn't give what Jasmine wanted soon, she would throw a fit. I had to think of something, and fast.

"We're almost there, Jazy," I told her. I hope, I thought. "Just hold on a little longer, okay?"

"Jazy tired! Jazy tired!" Jasmine whined. "Jazy want Mommy!"

"We'll see her in a little bit, okay?" I promised.

"Okay," Jasmine said in a disappointed tone. She frowned, unsure if she believed me or not. Then she went back to her mumbling.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Jasmine was remaining calm, for now. I just had to make sure she would remain calm throughout seeing the king. It wouldn't be good for either of us if Jasmine had a tantrum in front of the king. I only hoped that the king would have mercy on us and not punish us. Then I could get back to my plan of revenge. Soon my sisters, soon, I promised Eden and Qwen silently as I touched the wolf necklace with my fingers. I knew that they were with me. I could feel them.

We continued to walk in a few more hallways before reaching the throne room. It was a little like the movies but not quite. When we entered, it was a large room, with a throne. The king was sitting on it, of course. But it was missing all of the jewels and sparkly things that a throne room needed. I was a little disappointed to find that out. When I'm queen, there's going to be some major changes around here.

"You're Majesty," Father announced to the old man in the big throne as he led us closer to him. "Father." He bowed in respect.

Jasmine and I stayed standing where we were. I leaned against Jasmine, fearful of what could happen. But the king wasn't pleased. He frowned at us, waiting for us to give him the proper respect a king deserved. Yeah, right! Like I would ever submit myself to a lowlife human! I growled softly, warning them that I wasn't going down so easily.

"Bow! You insufferable fools!" Father hissed at us, turning to face us.

I growled again, this time louder. Jasmine whimpered, pressing against me. But I reluctantly removed myself from Jasmine and bowed in front of the king, who was, unbeknownst to him, my grandfather. Still whimpering, Jasmine followed my lead and bowed as best as she could.

"Stand up straight," the king ordered as he adjusted his crown.

Father stood up and I immediately followed, feeling warm with humiliation that I had to summit myself to a human. Jasmine removed her bow also, leaning against me.

"I know Jazy," I said softly, rubbing her arm with my hand as she continued to whimper. She touched her head with mine. "I hated it too."

"You do not speak unless spoken to, understand?" The king barked, overhearing what I had said.

I growled before I put on a fake smile and said with sweetness, "Yes, I understand."

"So, Leo, what are these two werecreatures accused of?" The king addressed Father.

"You remember Octavia, my former wife?" Father answered with a question.

"Mommy?" Jasmine asked, perking her head up with interest.

The king looked at us. I squeezed my eyes tight, knowing that he had just told us not to speak unless he told us to.

"Mommy?" The king asked, confused. "That girl isn't Octavia's daughter, is she?" He pointed at Jasmine.

"No Father," Father replied. "But that one is," he pointed at me, "Octavia escaped with her daughter when she was just a baby after she killed my daughters! And also for harboring a mass murderer of a village. These are her charges."

"Jasmine isn't a mass murderer!" I protested, immediately forgetting the not speaking rule. Both Father and the king looked at me. "She's my sister! And we've been taking care of her, not harboring her! Whatever that means!"

"I never knew about this," the king said. "Leo, were you aware that Octavia was taking care of the Alpha King's daughter?"

Now I was the one who was confused. Alpha King? I looked at Jasmine. She whimpered. "Jazy, is that your father?" I asked, worried.

Jasmine shook her head. "No! No!" She said stubbornly. "Mommy and Emi family!" She nuzzled my head.

I smiled with appreciation. Jasmine truly was my sister. "Yes, we are family," I replied.

Jasmine smiled and reached forward to hug me. She whimpered when she found out that she couldn't. So I leaned against her and nuzzled her head. It calmed her down a little. 

"No Father," Leo answered after he watched us for a bit. "I wasn't aware that the Alpha King had an heir let alone a daughter. The Council of Magical Creatures are having a bad habit of keeping important information like that from us." 

"What's the Alpha King?" I asked, confused and a little interested. 

Father turned around to face me. "What did the king just tell you?" He snapped.

"It's alright, Leo," the king said, holding out a hand to stop him. "The Alpha King is the leader of all of the werecreatures. Usually a werewolf. Besides the king, that's me, there are sub leaders of the Magical Creature factions. There's the Alpha King, for werecreatures, the High Warlock for witches and warlocks and so on. They usually come to me with updates on the magical creature community. But I haven't heard from them for some time." He looked troubled by this.

"They'll come to you when they're ready," Father reassured him.

"I hope so," the king replied. "Or I'll have their heads if they down come at the end of this month." He paused for several moments. "Well, Leo, should we press charges against your bastard daughter and her so called sister?"

"She's not my daughter!" Leo argued. "And yes, we should. Her sister also badly injured my wife, Princess Rose. They should be punished however you see fit. And include their mother in these charges as well."

"Very well, I shall do as my son suggests," the king said. "By order of King Augustus, I hereby sentence these two werecreatures to death!"

This marks the end of Chapter 10 Part 3.
The story continues in Chapter 11.
As always, thanks for reading!