Chapter 9 Part 3

The princess squealed with happiness and clasped her hands together, her golden fake nails over her fingertips. "So tell me," she went on, pushing aside Lily and Jasmine to get to me. She grabbed my throat with her gold nails touching my skin. "Why do you want our prisoner so badly?"

The princess tightened her grip on my throat and I found it hard to breathe. I glanced over at Mommy to make sure she didn't slide off of me. But fear of the princess brought me back to look at her.

"She's my mother," I whispered, barely audible for the princess to hear.

The princess gasped. "Oh," her eyes snapped wide with surprise, "you're the Banished Hybrid, aren't you?"

"Emi!" Jasmine cried as she tried to get to me but Lily held onto her, holding her back. "No!" She yelped. "Let go of Jazy!" She tried to struggle under Lily's grip.

"No Jazy," Lily said. "Mother isn't stable right now! She will kill you!"

"What?!" The princess whipped her head around to Lily and Jasmine in outrage. "What did you call me?"

Jasmine shrunk back against Lily and whimpered. Lily's expression turned frightened. She held Jasmine up against her so Jasmine wouldn't knock her over.

"Uh Y- Your Majesty," Lily stammered as she corrected herself, hardly able to look at her mother.

The princess seemed to calm down before turning back to me and squeezed my throat tighter. I struggled for breath, growing more and more fearful that I was going to die. I couldn't die! I couldn't leave Jasmine all alone!

"Now, are you the Banished Hybrid or not?" The princess asked in a threatening tone.

I nodded my head as I grabbed onto the princess's wrist with my hand. My vision was beginning to be blurry and I was reminded of when Jasmine tried to choke me to death at her childhood home.

"You're a disgrace to the royal family!" The princess snarled. "Both you and that bitch you call a mother! You destroyed my precious prince so much that it almost killed him to remarry again! He should have killed you when he had the chance! The one mistake he ever made was allowing you to live!"

Horns grew on the princess's forehead and dark raven like wings outstretched on her back. Is she some kind of unicorn? I wondered. I knew that unicorns didn't exist in our world. Only on TV but the princess was far from human as I thought she was. She was a threat and must be eliminated.

"And now I'm going to get rid of the bastard daughter of my precious prince myself!" The princess's teeth sharpened as she opened her mouth.

"Mother no!" Lily shrieked, releasing Jasmine and began to rush over to us.

"Rose!" A familiar male voice demanded from behind us.

The princess instantly made her horns and wings disappear before she looked up at the prince. She kept her grip on my throat though which didn't help keep my strength in holding Mommy up. I didn't know how much longer I could hold her.

"Let her go!" The prince demanded.

"Oh, Leo!" The princess exclaimed in a high pitched voice. I winced at her loud voice. "I- I was just-"

"I said, let her go!" He demanded again. "Now!"

"But Princy!" The princess protested. "She's the banished hybrid! The one you were looking for! I caught her sneaking into the castle! I caught her for you!"

Yeah, right, I thought irritably. I wanted to growl but didn't have enough air. That's totally a lie!

"I don't care if you caught Octavia's daughter or not!" Prince Leo said angrily. I heard him take a few steps forward. "She's escaping with our prisoner!"