Chapter 15 Part 2

Once the Alpha King finished, Alice took off immediately without saying goodbye. The Alpha King turned back to face us. I growled and hugged Jasmine closer to me.

"Emily," the Alpha King said calmly but I could tell his patience was dwindling. "If you want Jasmine to turn back into a human on her own, you need to come with me. I can help you turn her back to human. She can't stay a wolf for long or else she'll stay a wolf forever. You don't want that, do you?"

Hot tears burned in my eyes as I squeezed them tight. "No," I said softly, refusing to look at him.

"Jazy want Daddy!" Jasmine told me in my mind, finally opening her mind to me. "Jazy want to be human!"

I knew what Jasmine's answer was. I didn't have to like it but I'll do anything for Jasmine. So I reluctantly let the Alpha King take Jasmine away from me. "Alright, Jazy," I said back to her. "We'll go with her father." Jasmine licked my face in response. I couldn't help but smile.

"You better come with us, Princess Lily," the Alpha King said, finally addressing Lily. "The king has declared you an enemy of the Northern Kingdom along with my daughter and Emily. You'll be safe with us."

I turned to face Lily. She stared resentfully back at us. "Of course Grandfather would," she said bitterly. "It's not like I was liked at the castle anyway. We still have to watch out for my brother though," she went on. The Alpha King gave her a confused look. "He's still out there. Probably plotting revenge for what Emily did to him."

And she had to rub it in my face. I glared at her. I didn't want to have to explain how I killed Ray and somehow he came back and tried to kill me. That was a lot and I didn't want to explain it to the Alpha King.

The Alpha King looked at me questioningly but didn't say anything about it. "Come," he only said. "We're wasting time. The dragons will be out soon."

Fireclaw hopped excitedly around us. I didn't know what got him so hyper but he flew while Lily and I walked behind the Alpha King out into the stretch of the Valley of Dragons, giving each other the silent treatment as we walked in silence. We walked forever! I lost track of how long we were walking for. We couldn't even turn into wolves or Viykins. Well partly because the Alpha King was carrying Jasmine. I couldn't understand why he couldn't turn into a wolf and carried Jasmine that way.

After a very long while, I was about to suggest we take a break when I saw a house in the distance. Jasmine began to whimper and I knew she didn't like houses. Would she lose control again like she had back at her old farm house? Or worse when she lost control at the cave? But to my relief, Jasmine only whimpered and was calm enough for the Alpha King to take us into his house.

It was a small, two bedroom house with an attic you could go up in. I would be impressed if not for the situation I was in. We went into the kitchen as soon as we walked into the house.

"Wait here," the Alpha King told us and had us sit at the kitchen table.

I sat in silence the whole time, worrying about Jasmine. Was she going to be okay? I tapped my fingers on the table top, waiting for something to happen. Lily gave me an annoyed look but didn't say anything.

It took another several long hours until we heard movement coming from the hallway. I perked up my head to see Jasmine in human form. My eyes widened with happiness at the sight of her.

She saw me too and cried, "Emi!" and rushed over to me. She gave me a big, squeezing hug after I had stood up from my chair. I hugged her back, relief washing over me as I buried my head in her shoulder. I clung onto her, wanting to feel her comfort as a human.