Prologue

Since the beginning of time, peace flourished in all of the Northern Kingdom. The magical creatures and humans kept the peace. With humans ruling the kingdom they made the laws to keep everyone safe. Prince Leo, the heir to King Augustus, soon came of age to marry.  

The young prince fell in love with a maiden girl named Octavia Wolf. They got married but Octavia was hiding a dark secret. She was a hybrid with the powers of telekinesis and transformation. The humans called people with these powers witches and werewolves. The prince and Octavia broke the most important law of all, humans and magical creatures can't have families. But that didn't stop them from having one. 

When the day came to have the triplets, the castle was bustling with joy over having new heirs to the throne. Servants were hurrying as they made preparations for the celebration. The king and queen were bursting with pride over the arrival of their grandchildren when a bloodcurdling scream came from the medical tower. 

Princess Octavia was in so much pain she could barely stand it. She could sense that something was wrong. One of the unborn infants was moving unnaturally fast. It was making the birth more difficult.

Octavia screamed again as she felt the unborn baby's sharp little claws scratching at the inside of her womb. She squirmed, trying to stop the pain but the baby kept on attacking its siblings. The doctors and nurses hurried around, panicking, not knowing what to do. Then one of the doctors scanned Octavia's belly and saw on the monitor that one of the babies was switching from human form to wolf form, attacking and ripping at her sisters.

"She's killing them!" Prince Leo cried out. "Kill her! Somebody kill her!"

My hybrid child's a girl? Princess Octavia barely wondered through hot sweat and tears. I must protect her! I won't let them kill her!

Princess Octavia growled as one of the doctors pulled out a knife and pointed it at her stomach. "This won't hurt, Princess, I promise," he told her.

But Princess Octavia put her hand over her womb, growling at the doctor. "Kill my daughters and I'll kill you!" She said threateningly. The doctor backed away, looking white as a sheet.

As soon as Princess Octavia had put her hand on her womb, she felt her hybrid daughter calm down. Octavia rubbed her stomach. "Shh! It's okay my daughter," she said in a soothing voice. "We're going to get you out soon."

The doctors and nurses worked together to open up Princess Octavia's womb. The first baby, one of the human girls, came out but didn't move or cry. Everyone was disappointed as they laid the baby down to rest. Then the second baby, another human girl, came out the same way. But the third, let out strangled cries as they separated her from her mother. She slashed and hit and kicked at her captives. Crying for her mother as they took Octavia to another room. 

Several hours later, as Octavia was recovering from surgery in her bed, one of the servants came in with the struggling baby girl. "She wants her mother," the servant said as she struggled to keep the baby still in her arms.

The servant carried the baby over to Octavia and the baby instantly calmed down when she was safely in her mother's arms. She snuggled into Octavia's arms and Octavia smiled. Octavia let her suck on her pinky. The baby held onto her mother's finger with her little hand and looked up at Octavia's tired and proud face.

"I love you, Emily," Octavia whispered, smiling. Baby Emily made a happy noise like laugh and continued to suck on Octavia's pinky. She liked that name. There was an understanding between them. More like a feeling. Emily never hurt her mother and she never will. Octavia was her mother and her alpha, as it was for werewolves. They were protective of each other and would always have each other. No matter what happened. Their time together will always be precious.