Chapter 14 Part 3

"Mommy!" She cried out in pain and fear. "Mommy help Jazy! Jazy scared! Jazy scared! Help Mommy! Help!"

"Okay," I said meekly to Alice. "Go Alice!"

Alice nodded before shapeshifting easily into her wolf form and zoomed away with speed unknown to human kind.

With tears in my eyes, I watched Jasmine with fear as she struggled to turn into a wolf for the first time in eight years. "It's okay Jazy," I tried to comfort her as I took her clawed hands. "I'm here. You're not alone. You have me. You have Emi."

"Mommy!" Jasmine cried out again but this time she fell against my chest and cried as her limps cracked and twisted and fur sprouted on her skin.

"Can I help?" Lily asked as she cautiously walked towards us. Those were the first words she spoke to me since Alice had arrived.

I growled at her. Lily looked crestfallen that I didn't want her help. "I got it!" I snapped at her, warning her to back off. "You're not a shapeshifter!"

All I wanted was for Alice to return quickly. Even if I had a fear of Wolfsbane possibly killing Jasmine, it was better if she had Wolfsbane than to suffer like this. But I didn't want to lose my sister! I grew upset and released my tears.

Lily tried to comfort me but I turned on her. "Leave me alone!" I snapped, baring my teeth at her. She finally gave in and backed away from me.

But luckily to my relief, Alice appeared seconds later with a bottle of Wolfsbane potion. I breathed a sigh of relief as I saw her.

"Here," Alice said as she handed me the bottle. "Make her drink this."

I hesitated for a second before I took the bottle. "Here Jazy," I said as I lowered the bottle to her lips. "Drink this. It'll make you feel better. It's Rootbeer, your favorite."

Jasmine took the bottle from me and chugged some of it down. She threw the bottle across the cave once she figured out that its contents wasn't Rootbeer.

"Jazy no like it!" She said with bitterness before she cried out in pain.

I looked to Alice for more help but all she said was, "Let's hope that's enough."

As I watched fearfully, Jasmine's muscle spasms grew worse. I whimpered and laid my head against Alice who came over to comfort me. I've never seen Jasmine so out of control like this before. She has managed to not turn into a wolf for eight years. Well, only one other time at the castle. So why now? Why is she so out of control?

"Emily," Alice said gently as she got my attention. I looked at her, tears falling down my face as we heard Jasmine's screams of pain. "You should make a barrier spell," she told me. "I don't know how much longer until Jasmine finally turns but we don't want her running around so someone would find her."

"Okay," I said weakly before raising my hand toward the entrance to the cave and put a barrier spell around the cave entrance. I felt a little more relieved now that I knew Jasmine wouldn't run off now that the barrier spell was up.

"What now?" I asked as Jasmine grew worse. I saw her body twisting and turning into the wolf.

"We should turn into wolves," Alice suggested. "Jasmine would feel less threatened if there was more wolves." She immediately shifted into her wolf form after that.

I hesitated before I shifted into my wolf form. Lily turned into her Viykin form and we waited until Jasmine joined us.

Once Jasmine turned into her wolf form, she immediately took off to the entrance but the barrier spell stopped her from leaving. She whimpered, getting frustrated that she couldn't leave.

"Jazy!" I cried, bounding up to her.

She whimpered, nudging me toward the entrance. I shook my head in response.

"No Jazy," I told her gravely. "You need to stay here. But you're not alone. Alice and I are with you."

Jasmine let out a whine of disappointment and laid down with her head on her paws, feeling depressed. At least she could understand me and that the Wolfsbane potion was working. "Jazy no wolf no more!" She spoke in my mind, too weak from the transformation to verbalize.

I whimpered in response and laid down in front of her. "I know Jazy," I replied back to her in my mind. I licked her cheek with my tongue. She nuzzled my face in return.

I looked to Alice. "How long before she turns back?" I demanded. Jasmine perked up her head in interest.

Alice came over to us and sat down next to us. "Could be a few hours. Could be days. Who knows," she said. "When was the last time she turned?"

"At the castle," I replied. "She attacked Princess Rose. But I've never seen her turn like this! It looked painful!"

I nuzzled Jasmine's face once more. She whimpered as we nuzzled each other. At least the Wolfsbane was keeping her from being like how she had been at the castle, ripping and tearing at Princess Rose like a wild animal.

"Don't worry Jazy," I told her in my mind. "I'll stay a wolf for as long as you're one."

Jasmine whimpered her appreciation and we stayed wolves for the rest of the day with me praying that Jasmine would turn back to human as soon as possible.

This marks the end of Chapter 14 Part 3.
The story will continue in Chapter 15.
One more chapter to go!
As always, thanks for reading!
J. D. Driscoll