Chapter 6 Part 1

Once we returned to the cave, I quickly made a nest appear and we put the egg in it. Jasmine went up to it, excited, and hugged the egg. The danger of almost being killed by dragons past through her like a stream of water. 

Making sure that Jasmine was preoccupied and happy, I went over to sit near the entrance of the cave and made books appear beside me. I began to dig through the first one which was learning how to care for dragon eggs and baby dragons. 

Alice walked up to me, clearly not getting the fact that I didn't want to talk to her. Reading was the best way to get people to ignore you, right? So whatever she had to say, I didn't want to hear it. I growled in warning to her to leave me alone. 

"You and Jasmine were almost killed today," Alice pointed out. I growled again but Alice ignored me. "Do you have any idea what you've done?" I could sense anger in her tone. "You have power, Emily. Power to take down a dragon! But if I hadn't been there, do you know what could've happened to Jasmine?" 

I shifted away from Alice and buried my face in my book so Alice wouldn't see my conflicted expression. "I know," I mumbled in barely a whisper. Jasmine would've been dead and it would've been my fault for killing someone I loved, again. 

"You said you know but you don't know," Alice said, sitting next to me and putting her hand on my shoulder. "You haven't taken before, have you?" 

I glanced over at Alice's hand touching me but a second later, I snapped. Not wanting any affection from Alice I cried, "Leave me alone!" I scrambled up in a panic, my breathing fast and uncontrolled. "I don't need you!" I continued, getting upset. "I just want my Mommy!" Tears were flowing down my face, my body was shaking. "I just want my Mommy!" I repeated. 

"Emi!" Jasmine cried, seeing me upset. She came over and gave me a tight hug. "Emi, Emi, Emi!" She chanted as I cried against her.

I hated not having Mommy to come comfort me. Why did she have to leave? If she hadn't, we would still be together and at home and then we wouldn't be out here with a lonely dragon egg and a werewolf who kept being in our business. It was all too much for me to handle. 

"I want my Mommy!" I screamed louder. When I didn't get what I wanted, I let out an angry scream, pushing away from Jasmine and making a power boost come out of me. The light knocked Jasmine and Alice off of their feet and landed a few feet away from me. 

Realizing what I had done, I tearily looked over at Jasmine. She was lying on the cave floor, probably knocked out by the light burst that came out of me. I looked over to my left side and saw that Alice was knocked out too. 

What have I done? I thought, panicking. Did I kill them? Did I kill the only sister I ever had? Severely upset and fearing the worst, I asked in a small voice, "Jazy?" My voice cracked with fear. 

When Jasmine didn't move, I scrambled over to her. "No! No no no no!" I whimpered as I knelt down and pressed my head against my sister's. "Jazy please! Please don't be dead!" 

I heard a groan from Jasmine before she slowly pushed herself up. Relieved, I began to go toward Jasmine to hug her but she flinched away from me when she saw me and whimpered. "Emi hurt Jazy!" She told me in her childlike tone. 

More tears flowed freely down my face. "I'm sorry Jazy!" I said tearily, trying not to panic so much. "I didn't mean to! It just came out!" 

When Jasmine didn't say anything, I screamed, "I didn't mean to!" Making Jasmine flinch farther away from me. Without Mommy, I didn't know how to calm down. 

Frustrated that I couldn't calm down, I stood up and angrily walked toward the cave entrance. I wanted to see if a few moments to myself will help me calm down.