Chapter 4 part 1

We walked down the now almost familiar road down to where I assumed was the town where they had the Fear Night festival. Outside looked a lot brighter and different now that it was daytime. We were careful to avoid the guards walking past in case any of them recognized us. But so far none of them did.

Jasmine held my hand as we walked slowly down the road. We haven't gotten much exercise since Mommy never let us outside but that was okay since I could see the town not far from where we were. Maybe someone could tell us where the castle was.

"Not far now, Jazy," I promised her.

"Hungry now," Jasmine told me.

I smiled. "Yeah. Me too," I said. "We forgot our breakfast back home."

Jasmine whimpered. "Hungry! Hungry! Hungry!" She complained.

I sighed. "Alright," I told her.

We hid behind some bushes near the road and we sat on the ground. I made our breakfast that I had made this morning appear. I handed Jasmine her plate and she started eating the eggs and bacon with her fingers.

As I was eating, I kissed Jasmine on her cheek. She smiled after she had stuffed bacon in her mouth. I knew that she would prefer chips and soda but it was good that she was eating these foods too.

Jasmine yawned after she finished. "Tired now," she said and tried to lay against me to sleep.

"We can't sleep now Jazy!" I exclaimed. I moved so that she wouldn't fall asleep on me.

Jasmine whimpered and looked at me. "Jazy tired! Jazy tired!" She whined.

She tried to snuggle up against me but I gently pushed her away and she whimpered some more.

"Emi mean!" Jasmine complained. She pouted which made me feel a little guilty.

"I'm sorry Jasmine," I told her. "But we have to find Mommy as soon as possible. We can turn into wolves if you want."

Jasmine shook her head stubbornly. "No wolf! No wolf!" She said. "Jazy go home! Jazy go home!"

I sighed. I should've known that Jasmine wouldn't go for it. Jasmine hasn't turned into a wolf since we rescued her eight years ago. "Okay fine," I said, a little annoyed but with understanding. "How about I turn into a wolf and you can ride me? How does that sound?"

Jasmine sniffled before nodding her head. "Okay," she said weakly.

I shifted from my human form to wolf form in a matter of seconds, my wolf coming out easily with excitement. It wasn't painful and my wolf felt finally free as I let her out to stretch. Mommy, Jasmine, and I were gray wolves. Gray wolves are more common in the Northern Kingdom than any other colored wolf.

After my shift, I bent my legs so my belly was on the ground, making it easier for Jasmine to climb over me. When she was seated on my back, she wrapped her arms around me and hugged my neck and said, "Emi wolf! Emi wolf!" If I could chuckle, I would.

"Emi go! Emi go!" Jasmine demanded a second later and kicked me in the side.

I tried not to wince at her innocent kick and started to run in the road. "Let's go Sadie!" I ordered my wolf who gleefully ran where I wanted her to. The last time I let her out, I made her attack my father. She was just happy to be able to run without attacking anyone. I could feel Jasmine's weight slowing us down a bit, and hoped that Sadie didn't mind, but we pushed on, knowing that Jasmine was grateful for the rest.

I was right when I heard Jasmine start to snore a few moments later. Just that not long of a walk tired her out. I hoped she wouldn't snore loud enough for every human to hear. But Jasmine always snored loudly, especially if she snored right in your ear. But I didn't mind. I was used to her snoring and as long as she got what she wanted, I would get what I wanted.