Chapter 13 Part 2

After a while, I heard Jasmine whimper and crawl over to me with caution. She snuggled her head under my arm and nuzzled me. I hugged Jasmine close to me as she joined me in crying. I had killed in front of her again and yet she still wanted to comfort me.

"I'm a monster, Jazy!" I cried tearily several moments later.

Jasmine looked at me before looking at the bloody body of my father than back to me again. She whimpered. "Mommy gone?" She asked. "Prince kill Mommy? Emi kill Prince?"

I looked at her. "I couldn't save her, Jazy," I said, my voice cracking from tears. "I couldn't save Mommy!" I sobbed again, burying my head in my hands.

Jasmine nudged my arm with her head, trying to get me to let her comfort me but I couldn't bring myself to. I moved away from her and went over to Mommy's body. I lifted Mommy up and laid her body against me, holding her close like I had when she was alive.

"Mommy!" I sobbed. "Why'd you leave me? I need you with me! We need you!"

I caressed her hair with my hand. But nothing I did brought her back. Jasmine cautiously crawled over to me. She whimpered and nudged Mommy's body with her hand. "Jazy want Mommy!" She whined.

I growled at Jasmine, warning her to stay away. "Mommy's not coming back!" I yelled. Jasmine winced, not understanding why I was yelling at her. "She's not coming back, ever!"

Jasmine whimpered. She tried to go over to me but I moved away from her. She gave me a hurt look with tears falling down her face.

"Leave me alone!" I cried. "There's nothing for you here, Jasmine! Go to your father!"

Jasmine shook her head. "No Emi! No!" She said, upset. "Jazy stay with Emi!"

She leaned against me and this time I let her. I held onto her with Mommy still on my lap. We needed to find a way out of here but I was too upset to even come up with a plan to escape the castle. I didn't want to leave Mommy but at the same time I knew I couldn't bring her back, even if I was supposedly the most powerful magical creature out there. I wasn't even sure if there was a way to bring Mommy back.

But as I was thinking about a plan, I hardly noticed the fighting had ceased from above us. The door to the prison opened and King Augustus walked into a bloody sight.

"What happened?" He demanded, an angry look on his face. "It smells like death in here!" His gaze rested on his dead son. The Prince's heart next to him in a bloody heap on the floor. "What have you done?" The king cried, his outraged eyes glaring at me. "What have you done?"

I laid Mommy against the floor and stood up. I walked slowly over to the king, my fingers flexing as I knew I had a chance to kill the king and take my rightful place as queen.

"Father killed my Mommy!" I growled.

"So, you are his daughter?" King Augustus questioned.

I nodded. "He didn't love me, so I killed him," I replied. I didn't tell him the part where Father had said he should've loved me as his last words. They didn't mean anything now.

"You've murdered my entire family!" King Augustus cried, outraged. "You're a monster!"

I winced. All my life Mommy had taught me to be good, to be a good sister to Jasmine. But now I wasn't good. I failed Mommy's teachings and killed people out of revenge. All I ever do now is kill people. No wonder the royal family sees me as a monster.

"Yes, I'm a monster," I admitted. Jasmine whimpered when I said the word "monster." "But I left some of your family alive." I gestured toward Lily who gave me a desperate look but King Augustus wasn't satisfied.