61| Lips of an angel

It's really good to hear your voice, saying my name it felt so sweet, coming from the lips of an angel hearing those words it makes me weak

_____________________

"Who is he to you?" His mother innocently asks in the kitchen. "I mean...you and him seem to be closer than just friends, and what's this I hear about a kiss?"

The teasing smile she threw at him made him blush.

"He's..." Looking back at the living room where Gakushū was watching TV, he simply said "He's someone special to me"

Very special

"Ah, I see now" she said with an understanding look. "Well then, take these to your special person " she handed him a tray of biscuits and a cup of tea

Karma took the tray and headed back to Gakushū's side.

They spent a pleasant hour watching the movie and eating biscuits and drinking tea. It was just so, domestic

Natsuki smiles as she watched the boys. They looked so comfortable together, never mind that they were cuddled up together and were looking so sweet.

It saddens her that she's only now finding out about this, about Gakushū. How long has this been going on without her and her husband's knowledge? What else has he been going through without her knowing?

She's disappointed in herself.

That's why she promises to be a better mother. She'll take a leave from work and stay at home, right where Karma needs her.

She's sure Kagami can manage the business without her help anyway, he said so himself. He doesn't need her, so why should she bother with him?

Suddenly, her thoughts flashed to the lady at the ice cream parlor. Yamazaki Masami, her old high school friend turned college--

Well they weren't necessarily rivals per se since she never saw the blonde woman worthy enough or strong enough to be her academic rival. Masami wasn't smart, but she was sly enough. That stupid woman wanted to rise above the rest, but didn't have the brains for it.

So she turned to her looks and 'innocence' and seduced the men that she could benefit from.

Her college experience with that woman left a bad taste in her mouth.

Still....there was a part of her that felt understanding and pity for that woman. Especially since she knew what that woman was put through

At the end of the day...

Masami did what she had to in order to survive

Her eyes strayed to Gakushū's comfortable smiling face.

And she remembered the pained, tear stricken face it held just a while ago. He was so hurt

"And his mother just stood there, frozen. If I was her, I would have held him in my arms..."

But that was what Karma did, he held him in his arms. She felt so proud of him.

"Yamazaki Masami....that stupid, ambitious woman. I wonder who she married...did she get the life of her dreams? Escaped poverty, forgot her abuse and married into a healthy, loving, wonderful relationship?"

She doubted it though.

_____________________

Karma had fallen asleep, his head resting against Gakushū's shoulder.

Gakushū turned off the TV and rested Karma onto his back.

Before lifting him in his arms bridal style and carrying him to his room

"Oh dear, he fell asleep? Give him to me and I'll carry him" Natsuki tried to take Karma but Gakushū shook his head and stepped back.

"It's...fine Natsuki-san" he said. "I can carry him just fine" he assured.

Natsuki looked like she wanted to protest, but then just nodded in agreement.

Gakushū kicked opened Karma's door and welcomed himself in. He laid the red head on the bed and parted his bangs. "Thank you Karma" he said softly. "For....everything you've done for me"

There's really no denying it anymore. He's not going to lie to himself anymore, he's fallen for his saviour, for Karma.

Leaning down he gently pressed a kiss on Karma's lips, savoring his sweet taste. Karma's lip were soft and plump, and he loved how it fit in his own. As if Karma's mouth was a puzzle piece that fit perfectly into his.

This kiss wasn't quick or chaste, it was lingering and longer.

He wanted to remember how it feels to properly kiss him because he's scared this could be his one and only chance.

When he, sadly, finally pulled away, he was in a daze, his cheeks were flushed. He didn't really expect himself to do that but he had no regrets.

"S-see...you tomorrow Karma" he said softly before turning around and leaving.

Thirty seconds after he left, Karma opened his eyes, and delicately traced his lips.

He sighed. "He has the lips of an angel..."