Chapter 17: Listen to my Heartbeat

After a long time of no uploads, here it comes.

Is that a bird? Is it a plane? No! It's Chapter 17!

Just so you know, I'll be very busy the next few months because of my Thesis. But because I love you guys, and I love writing stuff, I'll try (emphasis on TRY) to upload as frequent as possible.

Featured Character: Tyler, Kyle, and Alex.

Featured Song: That should be me By the Biebs.

*not a Belieber, but I like this song. :D

-------------------------------------------------

Tyler's POV

It has been weeks since I haven't seen my Alex. I don't care if Kyle and Alex is already a couple. They are not yet married, so I have all the time to get him back. But how can I do that if I can't even get a glimpse of him?!

I walked down the halls of Vale, looking for him.

"Where the fuck are you?" I mumbled to myself and messing up my hair in frustration.

"Tyler!" As much as I wished that it was Alex calling my name, I can't because it sounded like a girl. A girl with a strangely familiar voice.

I spun around and saw Emma, jogging her way through the thick crowd.

As she got a few meters close I greeted her, "Hey Em!"

"Hey." She said as she stopped.

I noticed a glint in her eyes, sadness. "Is everything okay?"

She nodded. "Yep. Just don't give up on Alex, okay?" then she ran off before the tears fell.

Does she know about Alex and me? But how? Sab??? No way.

I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialled a number.

"Hello" said the person on the other line.

"Meet me in the school grounds, now!" I growled then hung up.

I made my way through the sea of people. How could she tell her?

A few meters later, I arrived and I saw her in her cheerleading outfit running worriedly to me.

"What's the matter baby?" she said softly.

"What's the matter??? Why the hell did you tell her about you-know-what?" I snapped at her.

She shrank in fear. "Calm down Ty. Let me explain."

I couldn't bear to see her that way, guilty at the same time scared.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and nodded.

"Okay, but let's talk somewhere private. People are starting to gather round." She said scanning the area.

Seriously, how nosy can these people get? Don't they have anything good to do? She's right. People are beginning to stare at us. So I grabbed her hand and dragged her to my car, where we can talk privately.

I opened my door and got inside, I didn't bother opening the door for her.

She opened it and entered the car.

Awkward silence filled the air. I waited for her to speak up, nothing.... The silence remained. It's so quiet that the librarian wishes to be with us right about now.

I can't help it anymore. "Why?" I said as gentle as I can.

She gulped before speaking. "I didn't tell her about you guys. She already knows that you guys dated before. I only told her that you came here for him, and... us, I told her that we were just pretending." She said sadly. She was looking down the whole time she was talking.