Chapter 26: From Dusk to Dawn

Okay, this is the 2nd to the last chapter. The next one after this will be the last. SO SAD! I’ve been also writing this during a storm. SRSLY.  Thesis writing is done, but revisions are being made and Finals are coming up real soon so the Final chapter will take longer than expected. So sorry.

But for the mean time enjoy this one.

Hang tight. ‘cause I’m gonna take you on an emotional roller coaster ride.

Featured Character: Alex

Featured Song: I Promise by Stacie Orrico

I hope I can make you laugh, cry, giggle, and worry. :D

------------------------------

Alex’s POV

“Alex! Get your ass down here and help us out!” Liam growled from downstairs.

“My ass is busy! You guys can handle that!” I quipped. UGH! Why did I even bother planning for this party!

Oh yeah, we’re having a party in celebration of the Lion’s Championship win. Everyone is invited so this is going to be one heck of a party. And of course Kyle, having the biggest house, hosted the said gathering.

“Let’s go and help them up.” He said as he pushed up his lap. I was lying on top of him and I forced my body down on him. “C’mon! We’ve been here doing nothing for the past hour or so.”

“Let them handle it! I just wanna lay here beside you.” I hugged him as I pouted.

He shook his head. “As much as I want to spend more alone time with you, Mason, Kevin and Liam can’t handle all that work by themselves.” He said as he pushed me up again.

I grunted. “Tyler and the others said they’ll be coming in to help. So, they’re enough to do the work.” I sat up on the side of his bed as he stood up and grabbed my hand, ignoring every rant I spew.

He pulled my arm, making me stand up lazily. “It was your idea to have a party.” He pointed out after he pulled me in closer.

“I know, but I thought the idea was enough. I never really see myself being the follower of orders, I always envision myself as the boss, the thinker, not the worker.” I declared strongly.

“To become a boss, you must first become a follower. Now follow me and I’ll make you the boss of me later.” He said before winking as our face was only an inch apart from each other. He then pulled himself away and dragged me out the room.

I sighed in defeat as he went down the stairs, hands entwined.

“Finally!” Mason exclaimed. He walked towards me and stole me away from Kyle. “Here is the list of food you wanted. I crossed out everything that needs roasting, baking, and something that sounds like what French guy threw up. So we’ll be preparing only, and ONLY finger foods.” Mason nagged rather harshly.

“What! Do you think I’ll be satiated with midget food?” I snapped.

Mason’s brows met and his eyes were focused at me. “We’re hosting a victory party for teens, not for Martha Stewart. Now if you’re done ranting like a child, there’s a bowl of chicken wings that needs to be coated waiting for you.” He was clearly serious with hosting this party. Our boyfriends and Kevin was entertaining themselves as they watched Mason and I go at it.

I shot Kyle a glare. He threw his arms up and walked to me. “I’ll do the coating you do the frying.” He suggested.

“Can’t you do both?”