Chapter 27: Dad... I'm Gay...

Final chapter… *sobs*

This is it… *sobs*

Featured Character: Alex

Featured Song: If I die young by The Band Perry [Glee Cover]

No words left… *sobs*

------------------------------------------------------------

Alex’s POV

The morning broke. I got up and sat on the edge of the bed, rubbed my eyes and scrunched my face as I was greeted by Mr. Sun, who was shining ever so brightly today. Before I can even stand up to go to the bathroom, I felt a tug on my arm. I looked at him. His eyes were still closed but his face was scrunched up in a childish manner. He looks so cute pouting like I stole his cotton candy in his dream.

“I’m just going to go to the little boy’s room.” I said as he unclasped his hand and mumbled something so soft for me to comprehend. I finally got up and went to the bathroom just across the hallway.

I got inside and locked the door. I looked at my reflection at the mirror hanging on the tiled wall, just above the sink. I saw someone on the mirror. I thought it was me but the reflection has changed. It wasn’t me anymore. It was someone much tougher, someone who has the guts to face anyone, someone who I taught I already am.

But I wasn’t…

I’m still that kid who wants to forget his past, who wants to make a change, who wants to forget who he really was. I was happy before with Tyler, but at home it was very different. I smiled, laughed, and sometimes I rolled myself on the floor having a good time with my family. That’s because they don’t know a single thing about who I really was. They treated me like a prince, a king even. But whenever all the fun has ended and I’ve gone up to my bedroom, I cried myself to sleep. It was not a routine but I beat myself up just because I can’t even fight for who I was with the people I called family.

Then when I finally have the guts to do so, problems surged in my family and they were all stressed out. We never were the same, we haven’t laughed as hard, damn, and we hardly spoke to each other. It was hard! It was real hard living a lie. But it wasn’t all that bad because I have Tyler. He was my shoulder to cry on.  Until the day we became more than best friends. He became so much more. Everything I could’ve asked for at that time.

Once again I was met by another trial. Something I failed at. I was torn between choosing the family that LOVED me and the guy that LOVES me. I really regretted what I did. I suffered tremendous pain then. I wanted to move so quickly that I ignored every aspect of who I was and changed who I was.

I’ve forgotten my past.

I’ve forgotten him.

I’ve forgotten my problems with my family.

I just became this empty vessel. I played with girl’s feelings. I didn’t bother talking to my parents anymore since I know they wouldn’t care, because they have problems of their own. I didn’t give the slightest care about them.

But who was I kidding. I was still the same kid. The same kid but with a different memory. The first day of school was the as before. Silent, awkward and that feeling that nobody likes you. It was really different from where I came from.

While I was at this new territory, I found a few friends who stuck with me like glue. Up to now they are here to back me up. Even though Mason and I didn’t have the greatest start of a friendship and we have this love-hate relationship, he really means so much to me. While Liam became my straight best friend or so I thought he was. Nonetheless he was a really great guy you can count on.