Chapter 23: The not-so warm welcome and the very hot night

I’m back, temporarily, to give you a steamy update. I’ll be back again after our Thesis defense which is a month from the time of this update. I’ll be back when I’m finally done with my Thesis and I’ll update you more frequently.

For now, here’s the Kylex scene you’ve been waiting for. ;)

Featured Character: Alex

Featured Song: The Way by Ariana Grande

----------------------------

“I can’t believe you guys lied to me!!” I growled at them as they entered the room. I was lying at the hospital bed with Kyle, wrapped in his arms. “Even you Tyler!” I pointed.

He raised his hands in defeat. “Sorry, but Kyle called just the other night.” He chuckled. “He told me he has a surprise for you and he needed my help. You know that I want you to be happy, so here it is!”

“It’s alright bro...” Liam patted Tyler on the back and shook his head lightly. “...you’ll find that someone for you.”

I shot him a glare. He has that ‘what did I do?’ face.

Tyler chuckled humourlessly. “Funny Liam.”

“He’s just joking Ty. He’s just stupid.” Mason spat at his boyfriend still clinging on his free arm.

Liam hissed. “So you want to make this our issue? I was just joking.” He pulled out his arm away from Tyler.

“Okay guys, stop stealing their moment. Deal with your issues later.” Sab chimed in.

Mason crossed his arms and pouted. Liam looked guilty and hugged him tightly.

“Ty, don’t mind what he said. I won’t be selfish with Alex. You guys can still hang out and I promise I won’t overreact. Just don’t kiss him or do anything more than kissing.” Kyle announced through the tensed air.

“I won’t cross anymore lines.” Tyler answered with glints of pain in his eyes and a forced smile.

I can’t help but blame myself for what Tyler is feeling right now. But what can I do if I really love this sweet, douche-y guy and not him? Better not think of this this time. What I want to know is how they came up with this surprise.

“Soooo... You guys knew he was alright all along and he just sprained an ankle, and put fake wounds and casts just to make it seem real?” I asked, raising a brow.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Mason raised a brow back with a bit of irritation traced on his face.

“Okaaay...No need to be bitchy.” I complained as I snuggled with Kyle. “Plus is this even alright with the hospital staff?”

“Well... No, but they know that I have a sprained ankle and the nurse helped me to get a room and gave me a day to give you a mini-heart attack. So we’ll have to leave later.” Kyle explained with a embarrassed grin.

“Why don’t we leave now?”

“I’m still cuddling you, I missed you so much.” He squeezed me in his arms tightly and sniffed my hair. “I’m never ever gonna break up with you, ever.” He whispered making me blush.

“Even if I screw up again?” I worriedly asked as I looked up to meet his eyes.

“Even if you screw up again...” He cupped my chin, tilting my head and kissed my lips. “ and again...”

“and again...”

“and again...” kissing me every time.

“We get it already.” Liam chimed making Kyle chuckle.