Chapter eight: questions

After all the events that happened last night, I don't know how I managed to fall asleep in my house. I was incredibly uncomfortable, but Damien was really helpful with making me feel a little bit more safe. I feel asleep with him sitting next to me but when I woke up, he was gone. I checked all the guest bedrooms too, he wasn't there. He must've left early in the morning.

I understood though, he had a woman to get back to.

I didn't want to leave my house because of what was happening but I couldn't risk my safety any more than I already have. There's a person possibly in here, I'm too scared to even check my basement, and there's an unclassified animal running around the streets. When did this city become so dangerous?

I quickly took a shower, this time keeping an eye out for anything and everything. Then I quickly got dressed for work. I wore black jeans, white sneakers and a white long sleeved shirt. I also washed my lab coat and wore that over it. I left my braids since they still looked neat. After that I quickly packed my stuff into my bag and grabbed my keys, making my way out.

In the afternoon I would get back, pack some stuff and sleep in a hotel. I have no one to go to. I drove out of my place and went to the gas station to get some coffee and add gas to my car. The hot drink made me feel so much better, though it did remind me of the equally hot kisses I received from those very cold lips.

Who is he?

Shaking my head, I put the coffee in a cup holder and drove out of the gas station after paying, heading to work.

I got to the building and walked straight to my lab as I always did. I was not in the mood to greet anyone or make any small talk. Today I had one agenda, to get samples from Sei. He's a pretty nice guy and I'm sure he'll be nice enough to let me cut a piece of his hair. How am I supposed to explain what I wanted to do with it though? I don't think there's enough words in simple English to explain all of that.

I stepped into the lab after scanning my key card, expecting to meet the familiar grey eyes with specks of red. Unfortunately, the metal wall was blocking me from seeing him. I wonder why they put it back down today.

I set everything up for work. I put a pair of scissors in my pocket and a tiny clear plastic packet for holding the hair. I then switched on the tablet and got ready to work. Damien took my laptop with him in the morning because I couldn't find it anywhere when I woke up. I wish he had the decency to tell me so I didn't have to search the place.

I pressed the button on the remote and the wall slid up, giving me a view of Sei. I looked over him and noticed that once again, his hair and skin had gone back to their original colour. His skin was no longer pale, it was back to being tanned and his hair was no longer blue-grey but was just a clear yinmin blue. His curls were once again loosened and his hair was shorter than yesterday.

Sei looked like he was asleep. There was a chain on his wrist this time and he was laying on his stomach, his back moving up and down slowly from his steady breathing. He was in a pair of grey shorts and socks today and he wore no shirt. He looked very comfortable and I didn't want to wake him up.

I wonder what food they give him.

Do they give him any food at all?

I'll have to ask him.

I lifted the glass wall as well, taking this as an opportunity to sneak up on him and just snip the hair sample off while he was still sleeping. I tip-toed closer to him, holding my breath in fear that he'd hear me. I slowly breathed out when I made it to his head. Great, now I need to pull the scissors out of my pocket without making any noise. Sounds easy enough.

I dug into my pocket, immediately stopping when I heard a small plastic packet in there making noise. Shoot! I forgot about that. My hand was already in there, might as well just pull it out anyways.