Chapter forty four: something is wrong

After we packed all of the necessary items from my house, I locked up and we made our way to my car. I sat in the driver's seat and Alexander sat next to me, the twins sitting in the backseat. We rode in silence, the only sound being the soft classical music playing on the radio and the road against my car's tires.

"We got attacked by a vampire before we left, I disposed of his dead body in Akielia's rose bush." Alexander casually spoke.

My roses don't deserve that.

"Seriously? Was there anyone else with him?" Silas asked, peeking his head between the two front seats. "Are you okay, baby?" He asked me.

"Yeah I'm fine, there was just that one."

"Point is, they know that we're close and there's more than a hundred of them probably scattered around the area," Alexander mumbled, leaning his head back against the seat. "We need to head back home sooner than planned."

"Good, that will make Akielia queen even quicker. Then everything will be the way it should be." Silas said with a nod of approval. I adjusted my mirror, making it face Sei. He was staring outside the window, not listening to anything being said.

I sighed softly, thinking about everything that will happen after this whole ordeal is over. My plan is... Or rather Silas' plan is that I will be crowned queen and he and Sei are my kings if it's even possible to have two kings at once. If not then it should be Silas because he's probably the oldest.

What about Alexander?

What will he do if he isn't crowned? It's all he's ever dreamed of. To make that place a safe and united island. He wants what is best for his people and he has not once failed to show everyone that.

"Silas, why do you want to be king?" I asked. Alexander lifted his head to look at me and then at Silas.

Silas cleared his throat before he spoke, "the power that comes with it, of course. It's important to me that a hybrid gets it, that way we can also be heard."

"Heard?"

"Hybrids aren't the most favored. We aren't purebloods so that is portrayed as a pretty bad thing." He explained. Alexander scoffed next to me, making me give him a brief glance.

"Portrayed as bad? You're exaggerating. No one cares that you're hybrids. In fact, creatures envy that you have two abilities." The vampire stated. "That's a ridiculous excuse to want to rule a whole nation."

I pursed my lips, taking all of this information in. "Sei, why do you want to be king?" I asked.

He looked at me with a face of disinterest. "Silas wants me to be." He simply said before looking back outside the window. There was silence for a while before Silas spoke.

"He wants the same thing as me, to give hybrids a chance to be heard."

I nodded, focusing on the road. Sei clearly didn't want anything to do with being king. It all seemed like it was Silas' dream and he was being pressured to take part in it. I looked at Alexander to find that he was already looking at me. He was thinking of the same thing.

I felt a cold hand lay heavily on my shoulder. "When this is all over and you rule by my side, you'll see exactly the miracles we'll perform. The whole world will bow before our kingdom." Silas said softly, rubbing my shoulder.

My heart picked up speed, not in the way that it usually did. It was like fear this time, the way his calm voice eerily sounded in my ear, his cold hand giving me a discomforting massage. It was strange, everything about this seemed strange to me.

"What do you mean the whole world, Silas?" Alexander asked softly, looking away from us.

Silas looked at him, "I mean just that, dear brother."