Chapter eleven: results

After asking into nothing if Sei was really there, I realized that it was ridiculous of me to do so, so I just drove home.

I concluded that what happened, was only in my head.

I have no idea why Sei, of all people, would be the one I thought of for comfort but I won't question it any further since it actually worked.

I drove up to my familiar white painted house, getting welcomed by the beautiful red roses I had spent months trying to plant. They looked lovely but maintaining them was difficult, I would have to hire someone to do it after this unknown creature ordeal is over. I didn't park my car in the garage, figuring that I was bringing out a bunch of luggage to put inside it anyways. I reversed and stopped, the boot of my car facing my front door.

Satisfied with the position of my car, I stepped out and opened the boot, finding nothing but a spare tire inside and a couple of tools for if I ever needed to change one. I pushed them further back to make space for my stuff and turned back to my front door.

"Rutherford!" A boyish voice called out. I turned to look at my neighbor. He was peeking his head over the fence, waving at me. Well, I thought he was waving, until I realized that he was motioning at me to come closer. Sighing, I looked at my watch.

Fourty minutes until the area is closed down. No entrance or exit unless you had a permit provided by the officials and the lab. I walked over to him. He was in his twenties, a man with long blonde hair, dark green eyes and a personality that couldn't be serious even if his life depended on it.

"Hey, Broderick." I greeted, earning a wink from him. He was shirtless and he looked sunburned, despite it being cloudly and close to raining. He noticed my staring and bit his lip, "like what you see?"

"Goodness no, you need to see a doctor about that."

He smirked and rolled his eyes, seeming to not believe me. He's always thought that I had a crush on him or something. I don't know where he got that idea from considering I've never even spoken to him. "What up with the place? I saw a couple of police cars driving past."

"What makes you think I know?" I asked him.

"The name of your workplace was written on the car doors." He shrugged.

"The place is going on lockdown in the next thirty five minutes."

"Whaaat? Why?" He asked, running a hand through his hair.

"A bunch of prisoners escaped into the nearby woods. For your own safety, please make sure that you're all home and lock your doors and windows." I told him. He nodded and thanked me for the information.

"How about a kiss as a thank you." He asked me, licking his small lips.

"How about no?" I said, walking away.

"Whatever! I'll get you someday." He laughed, turning around and hurrying inside when his mom called. Yes, he still lives with his parents. I don't really care or have a problem with it, thought I don't want a guy who has no job and lives with his parents at that age.

I went inside and headed upstairs. I kicked my bedroom door open, eager to just pack and leave. I definitely didn't want to see Damien's fiancé at the moment so I would just go back to the lab and wait for those results.

Walking into the bedroom, I dropped my bag in shock at what I saw. My eyes were stuck on my bed, my body shaking at what I saw.

All of my undergarments, bras and panties, were on the bed. Each of them were lined up by a certain color. Most of my bras and panties were red and black, so they were lined up by shades, from lightest to darkest.

Who did this? I asked myself, suddenly feeling scared of being in this house. I ran to the closet and grabbed some clothes. This is getting out of hand. I'll call the police and make a report. I can't ignore this for any longer. I grabbed my suitcase and ran to my closet, quickly stuffing my clothes in it.

After I felt that I had enough of them, I put in some shoes and took some of my panties and bras. Whoever this is, they're a total creep.

I went downstairs and took all of the important stuff: my phone, charger and a few other devices. My laptop was still in Damien's office so I just took my charger. After all of that, I went outside and put my suitcase inside my car's boot, shutting it and getting into the car. With that, I sped off back to work.

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

I sat in my lab for a few hours, refusing to go to the cafeteria or anywhere else. It pained me inside because I knew that while I was sitting in my lab and doing nothing, the ten scientists were in the woods and having the time of their lives hunting for this thing.

I didn't speak to Sei, I didn't have to. My shift ended over four hours ago. I'm sure he would be surprised to see me there at this time. The metal wall was down so he didn't see me enter but perhaps he heard me. I wanted to ask him about what he had said earlier, but I was too scared to hear the answer.

I was playing a game on my phone, slicing a bunch of fruits with my fingers, when I heard chains rattling behind the walls. I looked up and after a few seconds, looked back down. They stopped, the place once again becoming silent. After a few more minutes, I started hearing Sei talking, his voice too low to hear.

Was he talking to himself?

I couldn't tell, it was too hushed. I stopped playing my game and stood up, tiptoeing closer to the walls. I wanted to hear what he was saying, maybe it would help with my research.

"Don't go... troops... have gun and blade... stupid Silas... be careful... tomorrow... tomorrow we go..."

I couldn't pick up the full sentences but I could tell that the grammer wasn't as good as last time. Which means that Sei was probably back to being shy and his hair was back to being blue-grey. I still don't know what caused that change in personality and appearance. Maybe it was when he was calm or happy? That didn't explain why that happened to him. Humans can't change colours.

A knock on the door interrupted my thinking, making me quickly go and see who was there. I grabbed my key card and scanned it, the door sliding open and shooting out a gust of fog as usual. It was one of the scientists that worked here. His lab coat was green, I didn't really know why, nor did I care. He was holding an envelope in his gloved hands.

"For you, results for subject MM2077." He said, pushing it into my hands. Without another word, he turned around and left.

"Thanks, I guess?" I mumbled, staring at the envelope.

The doors slid closed when I walked away from them. I ripped the envelope open and pulled a neatly folded paper out, opening it and reading it's contents. I skimmed over a few useless paragraphs, until one caught my attention.

"It says here that his hair contains the elements: yttrium, indium and magnesium. His hair colour, as I guessed, is YInMn blue. Also known as mas blue or Oregon blue. It's makes up a chemical compound that was discovered a long time ago. This right here, has nothing to do with hair."

So why does his hair have this?

Only one thing filled my mind now as I looked at the metal wall and thought back to everything I've learnt so far.

"He's not human, is he?"