Chapter fifty: potions

"Akielia?" Silas called out, "I can smell her around here somewhere." He mumbled to his brothers.

Freaking hound.

I got up from the floor and ran out of the pumpkin, ducking under a piece of broken wood by the doorframe. I jumped into Silas' arms, not wanting him to suspect me of anything. "Goodness, I'm so glad you guys are okay!" I told them, hugging Sei and Alexander afterward.

Silas looked around the area while Alexander prodded my body, checking if I had any sort of injuries. Sei patted my head, softly telling me that he was glad that I was okay.

"You sure gave us a run-around," Silas said, staring at the pumpkin house with a look that I couldn't read. "Your scent was everywhere. Your workplace, some random man's house, the river just a few minutes from here..."

"Uh, yeah well I've been in those three areas, kind of," I said hesitantly. Alexander shrugged, "It doesn't matter. You're here now and you're safe. That's all that matters to me."

"But how?" Silas asks me with raised eyebrows. "How did you kill the fae that hunted you down?"

Alexander glared at Silas, "This again?"

"Come on, it doesn't make any sense," Silas said with an eye roll.

I'm scared of even asking about what they're talking about.

"It clearly died by accident. It drowned didn't it?" Alexander asked with crossed arms.

"But it was in her car."

My eyes widened when I realized what they were talking about. The reason why my car ended up inside the river. A creature I didn't even see, touched my shoulder and that made me panic and cause an accident. Precious must have been unable to retrieve my car and the guys found it.

"So? It must've been trying to attack her and she lost control of the car." Alexander defended.

"How is she alive then?" Silas asked, his eyes darting to me. I flinched when they met mine and he must've noticed cause he frowned at me.

It's not easy to pretend to love him after what I found out.

Sei stared at me when I thought that, making me mentally face-palm myself. How could I be so stupid and forget that they can read my mind?

"Pretend?" He asked out loud. I shook my head at him, begging him to not say anything. Silas and Alexander turned to look at him in question.

"What's that about pretending?" Silas asked.

"Nothing." Sei huffed out. Silas frowned even deeper and turned to me.

"What happened here?"

"Alexander already said it all. I got scared by the fae and drove into the river."

"That's impossible... That you're alive right now and the fae is dead." Silas said, shaking his head.

"I just got lucky."

"No... There's no luck when it comes to supernaturals. That fae could break out of that car even if it was in flames. How did you escape and keep it trapped in there?" Silas interrogated me.

"What? You wanted her to die then?" Alexander asked angrily.

"Guys, please stop. You just got here and you're..."

"Shut up for a moment," Silas hissed at me.

"Do not speak to her like that, damn it!" Alexander snapped at Silas.

I looked at Sei, mentally begging him to follow me. While Alexander and Silas were having their back and forth, I would have to use this opportunity to try to get him to drink the potion.