Chapter thirty four: love

I looked at Sharlene and her friend with the most casual look ever, even though I was secretly both irritated and excited to see them. I missed having humans to speak to and relate to.

"Hey Kaiser," The woman greeted, giving him a once over. "Looking good, as always." She complimented.

"Melissa, I see you're still alive." Kaiser answered, also giving her a hard stare. "That could only mean that the men are still very pleased with your service."

She laughed loudly, as if he said something hilarious. Some female creatures turned to glare at her hatefully, but she did not seem fazed at all.

"You know, you're the only one missing out. Everyone else loves me." She said while sitting down next to him, across me.

"Hard pass, you know I'm all for solid relationships. Not one night stands." Kaiser mumbled, sipping on his red beverage.

Wait... Is she what I think she is?

"That's too bad. I would have loved to hear you moan my name." She said with a sigh as if that was the most normal thing ever.

Yeah, she definitely sleeps with these guys.

"Don't you worry, I'm sure another guy can do that for you." Kaiser said, pushing his unfinished food away from him. He looked repulsed but Melissa didn't even notice.

"So where is Silas? He hasn't called me to his room for a while now. Ever since he came back from that city a couple of days ago." She asked, making me look at her in surprise.

Silas is one of them?

"Silas is really busy. He has no time for you."

"Are you joking? He always had time for me. Something has definitely changed." Melissa said, trying to piece the puzzle together. Kaiser stared at me with a lazy grin.

"His free time goes to her now." Kaiser said, nodding towards me. That was when she finally noticed that I had been sitting there the whole time. She looked skeptical, as if the thought of Silas with anyone else was something she could not even begin to process.

"He has a new slut?"

Nevermind, she's not gorgeous. She's an ugly piece of used condom.

"I wouldn't use that word with her. She is much more important than you think." Kaiser said, standing up. "Not that we owe you any explanation but she is his and Sei's girlfriend. So they are off limits."

Melissa was still flabbergasted when Kaiser pulled me up with him and walked out of the room with me. I briefly smiled at Sharlene as we passed her, but she just rolled her eyes at me.

Scratch them being potential best friends, they're potential nightmares waiting to happen.

__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__✧__

"Wow, that was... Something." I whispered as we walked into the twins' bedroom. Kaiser switched on the lights behind me. It was getting dark outside. I pulled the curtains closed and sat down on the bed, watching the demon stand in front of me.

"You'll get used to them." He mumbled, looking at the floor.

I never want to get used to that.

"So... Silas had sex with her." I said it more than I asked, already knowing the answer. I just wanted to confirm but and deep down I was hoping Kaiser would say that he didn't.

He stared at me with a blank look, telling me all that I needed to know.

"Many times?" I asked softly. Kaiser pursed his lips, looking awkward.