Chapter forty one: fathers

"So you just want want us to go back there unarmed and kill Valedria? He's the most powerful vampire on our island." Silas said, shaking his head.

"We need a better way, so we can protect ourselves." I told them, sitting down next to Alexander.

"We have a lot of creatures on our side. Our parents..." Alexander started before the door opened, Sei walking in with a face full of rage. He glared at Alexander hatefully, "you mean our parents." He spat.

Alexander furrowed his brows, "Goliath and my mom—"

"He's not your father. Your father is trying to kill us!" Sei spat, making me stare at Alexander in shock.

Valedria is his father...

Why am I not surprised?

"Yeah well, Goliath isn't your father either. Your father abandoned you for his pack." Alexander answered with gritted teeth.

Okay, this isn't good at all.

"He showed up at the competition and didn't do so much as to blink at you or Sofia. He just sat there amongst the other heads and smiled proudly." Alexander argued, making Sei stomp to him.

He grabbed Alexander's shirt and yanked him up, making the vampire's fangs sharpen. "Guys, stop it!" I told them, standing up from the couch. I grabbed Sei's arm, trying to get him to let go of Alexander but he was way too strong for me.

"Sei, come on man. Don't do this." Silas said, patting his brother's shoulder.

"Yeah, boo-bear, don't do this." Alexander snickered, making Sei even angrier. He quickly lifted his fist up to punch him and in the process of doing so, he punched me instead.

His fist went straight to my nose, knocking me backwards and nearly making me fall. I quickly caught myself, a cry escaping my throat when I felt the throbbing and burning pain in my nose. I whimpered in pain, clutching onto it tightly.

"Sei, you idiot!" Silas said, quickly approaching me. "Are you okay? Shoot, you're bleeding!"

I pinched my nose, feeling small drops of blood trying to escape from inside. Sei let go of Alexander and looked at me with a sorry expression, his mouth parting open and closed as if he did not know where to begin with apologizing to me.

"Nice going, anger issues. You hurt her and this place smells like a candy shop now." Alexander sighed, straightening his shirt. Silas handed me a tissue and led me to a chair, making me sit down. "Just tilt your head back and hold the tissue there." He instructed me. I did as told, hissing at the pain when the tissue made contact with my nose.

Alexander handed me an ice pack, "for when the bleeding goes away." He told me, sitting down next to me.

"My neck hurts from doing this. Can you get me a pillow?" I asked him. He huffed and looked down, placing his hand at the back of my head to support me. "Why a pillow when you have me?" He mumbled grumpily. My cheeks flushed when I felt that familiar tingling throughout my body. I still had no clue how Alexander was also meant to be with me. This whole situation was weird but also kind of a dream come true in it's way. I wanted to fall in love for so long, and I end up doing so for three men.

"Thank you," I whispered. Alexander pulled the tissue away from my nose and placed the ice pack. I stopped tilting my head and looked at him. "What if it's still bleeding?"

"It's not, I would hear it if it was." Alexander told me.

"Let me guess, your vampire abilities allow you to hear blood flow in a body." I asked him with an eye roll. He grinned at me.