Chapter fifty five: back in Lunaria

"Queen?"

Soft murmers of confusion were heard amongst the remaining creatures. Even as they were on their knees, their eyes focused on the moist soil beneath them, I could hear the surprise and doubt laced in their voices as they questioned Valedria's words.

"As you all know, I have been put in power of all laws and rule making for as long as I remain alive. Alexander, your new Lord, is undoubtedly in love with this human. He has no eyes for any other but her, therefore she will remain as his unless they both decide otherwise."

No one even questioned Valedria's words, but I could see some of them shaking their heads in disapproval. It didn't matter who was speaking to them, they still did not think that I was fit to lead them.

Everyone in Lunaria was ferocious and really powerful. What good would having a weak queen do?

"My decision will not be debated. When the problem with the sorceress ends, I will lift the ban on romantic human relationships. Now let's go to war."

Everyone stood up without a word and turned to head back into the trees. Alexander turned to look at me with a small smile and kissed my cheeks. "This is lovely news. You and I get to stay."

I smiled briefly, "It sure is." I answered half-heartedly. Alexander pulled me with him and we started walking into the trees. Deep down, I knew that staying in Lunaria wouldn't work out for me but I couldn't discuss it just yet.

It took many hours but we finally reached the island that I had started calling home for a couple of days. We had to take a small ship since there was the ocean separating it from my land. Some of the creatures swam underneath us and the rest flew over. They went in different directions, trying to ensure that Precious wouldn't slip by them again.

As soon as I set foot on the sandy shore, I could feel how the atmosphere shifted around us. The sky was darker, a grey that showed that a storm was about to break out and rough winds were blowing in different directions. Something told me that this weather wasn't natural.

"What the hell is going on at the center!?" A shapeshifter shouted over the loud wind.

Far out, in the middle of the island, we could see massive dark clouds spinning around in circles as if a tornado was going to form. Alexander cursed loudly, "She's going all out. We need to kill her NOW!"

"Well then, what the hell are we waiting for? Let's go." Valedria said, a dark grin forming on his face. "I haven't broken the bones of the elderly since I was a teen. I can't wait to get at it."

I stared at Valedria like he had six eyes. That's a very dark confession he just made...

A man covered in black feathers flew over us, his arms spread out like wings. With a screech that sounded just like one of an eagle, the creatures all screamed, charging forward for battle. Alexander placed his hands on my hips and quickly pulled me to his body..

"I have a confession." He quickly said.

Oh? That's what we're doing before fighting possibly our first and last battle.

"You have kids?" I asked him. He paused, staring at me like I was crazy before he burst out into laughter.

How is he laughing at a time like this?

"No darling, though I like the idea of us having them." He said, his body still shaking as his laughter died down.

"Then what is it?"

"Just that, I love you." He said, grinning at me. "I was okay with you joining this battle... But it seems to be more intense than I thought."

"It's only one woman," I said softly.