Chapter forty six: werewolves

I walked down the hall of what used to be my home, looking for the door to Gia's bedroom. It wasn't hard to find considering it was the only door that had a large pink G stuck on it with pictures of unicorns and flowers. It was also no surprise that it was located in my old room.

I quietly knocked before gently pushing the door open. I peeked my head inside, finding the little girl laying in her bed, wrapped in fluffy pink sheets. Her head turned to my direction, "who are you?" She asked groggily.

I slowly stepped inside and shut the door, walking to the her bed. I sat at the edge of the bed and smiled at her. "I'm Akielia, your big sister."

"Mommy said I have no sister." She said blankly, fiddling with her stuffed whale. I had the urge to tell her about everything that our parents had done to me but I pushed it all at the back of my head. Alexander was right, she didn't deserve any of that. She played no part in this whole thing.

"She was going to tell you soon. I wanted to say goodbye." I told her, holding her small hand.

"Are you leaving?"

"Yes and I don't know if I'll ever come back. I'm a big girl and I have to go out on my own." I told her in the most understandable way I could tell her.

"Like a superhero?" She asked me, her eyes lighting up. She crawled closer to me, interested in what I had to say.

"Yes, like one. Will you forgive me if I don't come back?"

She grinned and hugged me, "my sister is a superhero!"

I was about to open my mouth when I heard my mother scream loudly. I quickly looked towards the door, wondering what just happened. Please don't tell me that one of the twins finally lost their temper.

Awoooo!

Was that a...?

The door burst open, Alexander entering with a face full of panic. "Werewolves! We need to leave now!"

I quickly got off the bed, pulling Gia with me. "Wear shoes and get a jacket right now." I said to her as calmly as possible. She looked around frantically, not hearing me. I got on my knees and held her shoulders, shaking her slightly. "Listen to me, you need to do what I say."

"What's happening? Where's mommy?"

"Akielia there's no time, just grab her and let's go." Alexander said. I nodded and picked her up, grabbing her stuffed animal and following Alexander.

"No! Get off me! Get off me!" I heard our mother scream. She shrieked after that, the sound of growling following.

Alexander stopped, "we can't go down there. There's over six of them. I can't fight them and protect you at the same time."

Screeeeee!

Alexander huffed and turned around, "go to your parents room. Shiloh and Venandi are outside." He told us.

"What about you?" I asked in panic. Alexander looked back at the commotion happening downstairs.

"Don't wait for any of us, just drive as far as you can. Don't stop until you are out of sight." He instructed me.

He isn't answering my question.

"What about you, Alexander?" I asked him, holding his hand. He squeezed it and lifted it up to kiss my knuckles.

"I'll find my way back to you."

Before I could speak he sped off, leaving me and my crying little sister in my arms. I sighed and turned around, running to my parents bedroom. I locked the door and ran to the window, putting Gia on the bed and looking down. We were about twenty feet up and I could clearly see what was happening outside.