Chapter thirty two: babysitter

I watched with slightly parted lips as Shiloh, Silas' hybrid, stomped to Venandi. When Venandi saw Shiloh, it stopped it's loud growls and heavy panting, seeming to be communicating with it's twin.

I held my breath, hoping that Silas would be able to get through to him.

The two hybrids spoke for a little longer, making the surrounding demons calm down. The tall blonde one that had spoken earlier relaxed and lowered his weapon, his hard gaze softening. He finally turned away from the two, stopping in his tracks when his eyes met mine.

Oh no...

His hot pink eyes scanned me from head to toe, slowly, as if he wanted me to see that he was staring. His eyes stopped at my feet momentarily, snapping back to my eyes afterwards. He squinted his eyes, sniffing the air around me. His face then scrunched up in confusion.

"What do we have here?" He asked himself, walking towards me. I looked back at the twins. Sei seemed to have calmed down but they were still busy talking, completely unaware of this demon approaching me.

"What is this? What are you?" He asked, tilting his head. I froze on the spot, not knowing how to answer the question. Was I to say a random creature? Maybe that would distract him for a while and then I can get away from him.

"Uh... A... Pixie?" I said, my tone sounding more questioning than certain.

He stared at me, raising one of his surprisingly perfectly shaped eyebrows. "I know what pixies smell like. You smell absolutely scrumptious compared to them."

"I... I'm a pixie hybrid."

"What's your other mix?" He asked with a cocky grin, as if he knew that I was lying and just wanted to see how far I would go with it.

"Pixie-Vampire hybrid. Why else would I be at the mansion?" I asked him with a frown. I was a terrible actor. I hope my story sounded just a slight bit believable.

"Wow, I definitely have to know the truth now if you're willing to make such stuff up."

Shoot!

"You have a lot explaining to do." I heard Silas say, making me snap my eyes in their direction. I sighed in relief when I saw Sei and Silas back in their human form. I was even happier to see that Sei's eyes were no longer black. That really did scare me.

Ignoring the demon in front of me, I ran to Sei and jumped into his arms, hugging him tightly. I could hear demons asking questions about who I was and what I was but I didn't pay attention to any of it.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Sei. You really scared me." I said to him, tightening my grip around his neck. Sei hugged me back and then gently pushed me off him. "Let's go inside quickly." Silas mumbled.

Right, I'm not supposed to be out here.

"A bit late for that..." Sei whispered, staring at the other demons that were looking at me curiously.

"Sei has a girlfriend?" A demon asked softly. I looked at the twins, my cheeks slightly turning pink at the word girlfriend.

"A pet perhaps? She's seems pretty small, like a human." Another one suggested, making a few others nod.

"A pet dressed like that? No ways." Another demon said, staring at me with light blue eyes. He looked repulsed at the mere sight of me, making me slightly move towards Sei.

"She's our mate, hiding her true form because she's not comfortable with it. If you have a problem with that tell me now and I'll deal with you." Silas growled.

The other demons quieted down, not planning on asking any more questions. When the silence turned into discomfort, the twins each grabbed both of my wrists and pulled me back inside the house, where I would be sheilded from the skeptical gazes the other creatures gave us.

I don't blame them for being skeptical I guess.

We got back to the bedroom and I sat on the bed, staring down at my feet. I didn't know where to go from here. It seemed like the three of us were at a dead end with all of this.

"It's time to go to that stupid meeting." Silas grumbled to Sei.

"Now? I need leave." Sei said softly.

"What do you mean you need to leave? Who the hell are we leaving Akielia with? Take her with you."

"House Valedria, too many creatures will ask questions if I take her."

"Taking your mate to places isn't going to be anything new to us. Just get her some jewelry and fancy clothing. She won't be suspicious." Silas spoke, saying the word 'mate' a little too harshly.

"She has name." Sei said angrily.

"Well, I won't say it. Who knows how many times Alexander moaned it when he was feeding on her." Silas said with gritted teeth.

There was silence after that.

I closed my eyes as I felt them watering. They were really talking about this like I wasn't in the room. And why is Silas making it sound like I wanted Alexander to do this to me. I was quiet because I wanted to protect them!

"I can't take this, being in the same room as her. He's all I smell on her body. It's like he marked her." Silas said, a light growl deepening his voice.

"It will fade tomorrow." Sei said calmly.

Silas sighed, "I know. It's just frustrating. Look, get one of our guys to look after her. They'll be cool with it."

Great, they're leaving me with a stranger. As if this couldn't get any more worse for me.

Sei hummed and they both walked out of the room, not saying a single word to me. I guess a part of me did not blame them. If Alexander's smell is a strong as I think, I would also be repulsed by it. I flopped down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. I wondered how mom and dad were doing. I know they hate me but I can't help but still care about their well-being after all of this time.

Maybe they'll finally be proud of me. I'm a scientist with cars and a big house. I made it in life. Why wouldn't they be proud?

Because they've hated me since I was born...

Well that was a long time ago. They could have changed their minds now. They could finally love me after all this time.

My pondering was interrupted by a fast knock on the door. I almost didn't hear it. I sat up on the bed, softly telling the person to come in. Almost everyone here had super enhanced hearing. I did not need to raise my voice to be heard.

The door was pushed open, a blonde haired guy walking in with a bored expression on his pale face. He shut the door, lifting his eyes to meet mine. They were pink.

It was that demon from earlier.

"Alright, I'm babysitting you for tonight." He said, shoving his hands in his hoodie pockets.

"Babysitting? I'm not a child." I answered him. How rude of him to say that.

He raised his eyebrow, "You really shouldn't answer back to your superiors unless asked to. Are you half shifter? Is that why you're so rude?"

Shifter?

Rude?

Superiors?

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The twins better come back fast. I'll kill this guy with my bare hands...

That's if he doesn't do it first.

Comment|Vote| Share