Chapter fifty one: bait

After Sei finally calmed down, which took nearly an hour, he left the house to take a breather. That was a long time ago, half the day probably went by when he stepped into the forest. Alexander and I haven't seen or heard from him at all after that.

Why do I feel like this is all my fault?

Silas did this to us... He ruined everything.

Why did he run? Why couldn't he admit to his own family and the woman he hurt that he was lying this whole entire time?

Why would you believe someone you barely know over him?

Because the story just made sense. Silas has been acting strange with this whole 'make the world bow before us' stuff. How could that not be suspicious?

"Akielia, would you please tell me what is going on. I hate being left in confusion." Alexander said, approaching me. I was seated on the spot Daffodil found me sulking on, staring at the beautiful sunset. I can't believe how a day has almost gone by. Yesterday at this time, I would have never thought that Silas and Sei would fall out like this.

I never thought that Silas would do this to us.

"Silas lied to us, he is behind everything. He manipulated everyone." I told Alexander. He looked at the sun setting, his light face getting sunkissed by the orange light. His black hair shone slightly. He looked so beautiful. I just wanted to touch him all over. I missed attention from a man, especially him.

"That can't be... I know he's been a bit power hungry lately but he couldn't possibly go this far." Alexander said, shaking his head. I know it was hard to believe. Even I was still trying to accept this whole thing.

"Well it's true."

"Who told you this?" He asked me.

"Precious, the last sorceress on this earth."

"Sorceress? I've never heard of them." Alexander said, scratching his chin as he thought long and hard. "Did she tell you why she is the last one?"

"Silas killed the rest." I told him with a heavy sigh. Saying his name was beginning to be a heavy burden. It was not getting any nicer.

"This must be something that happened before I was born." He mumbled, "We'll have to ask someone."

"Who? We can't go back to Lunaria right now and Sei isn't even thinking straight."

"My father..."

We looked at each other and both groaned. Great, now we need the help of the people trying to kill us. Isn't that just perfect?

"Okay!" I said, standing up from the grass and dusting myself off. "How do we find them?"

"Easy, just expose yourself and they'll come running."

Woah woah woah...

"You mean I'm bait?" I asked him and crossed my arms. He hovered over me and looked down at me with raised eyebrows. "Why, of course." He said to me huskily, leaning down.

"And you're okay with them just grabbing me and dragging me to your father?" I asked softly.

"They won't do that while I'm here, my love." He told me. "I'll break their jaws."

I tiptoed and kissed him softly, preparing myself to pull away when he held the back of my head and deepened our kiss. I moaned softly, grabbing a fistful of his shirt tightly. He held my free hand, guiding it down to his pants. I gasped lightly when I felt his hard and long length through the fabric of his pants. "You have no idea what you do to me." He whispered.

"Alex..." I moaned, trying to unbuckle his belt. He quickly grabbed my wrists, stopping me.

"We can't... I can't." He told me, backing away from me. I stared at him in surprise, feeling slightly embarrassed about the rejection.

"Why not?" I thought he wanted this.

"I won't be able to control myself. I may claim you." He explained, running a hand through his hair as he tried to steady his breathing. "Plus, I really don't want out first time to happen outside on the grass."

Right... I forgot where we were.

"What's wrong with claiming me?" I asked him. "we're together are we not?"

Technically we aren't, considering we never spoke about it but I did assume that we were...

"I mean I haven't even taken you out on a date yet. I can't just make you my woman like that. You deserve better." He told me. "And claiming is a permanent thing... Also very painful. I just want the both of us to be ready when it happens."

"That's very respectful of you, Alexander. Thank you for considering that." I told him with a breathy laugh, still flustered about what almost happened.

He held my hand and lifted it up to kiss my knuckles. "I should probably find Sei. He's been gone for too long. You just sit out here and be the prettiest bait ever."

"Very funny." I said with an eye roll. He snickered and ruffled my hair before speeding into the woods. I sat back down on the grass, sighing at the silence and discomfort I felt.

After thirty minutes or so, I heard rustling coming from the large shrubs behind me, the opposite direction Alexander left in. I quickly stood up, checking my surroundings. It was beginning to get dark again but I could thankfully still see clearly. I looked around carefully, not seeing anything but leaves and branches.

If something big jumps out of there, Alexander can forget about me being bait. I'm making a run for it.

The rustling came again, this time on my left. Whatever this was, it was toying with me. It couldn't be anyone else but those sent by the vampire leader. I cleared my throat as I carefully looked around and held my hand.

"Please listen to me! I know you were sent to kill me but I am not the enemy!" I shouted, my voice echoing deep into the woods. "The real enemy was using us all along! I am willing to work with you! I just need to speak to Valedria, please!"

There was silence, the teasing ruffling had also stopped but I continued. I felt like I was being listened to.

"Silas was using us to try and take over! He cast a spell on his twin with the help of a sorceress! She fled upon their arrival but she is going to help us stop him! She has already cured Sei and is on her way back to the island!"

Immediately after I closed my mouth, a tall figure stepped out from the bushes, rushing to me. I didn't get a chance to run when my wrist was tightly grabbed and I was yanked to him. "You filthy human! What is this that you speak of?" I heard Valedria ask. I fell on my knees, hissing as I felt like my hand was about to be ripped off.

"Answer me!" He boomed out when I said nothing. I slapped his hand, showing him that he was breaking me and he let me go. I put my hand between my thighs, squeezing it as I softly cried out in pain.

"Should we kill her, sir?" A female asked.

"No, I want to hear what she has to say. Speak, you blood bag."

I looked up at him and the woman next to him that had green skin. "Everything I said was true. Silas is trying to take over and he forced a sorceress to help him."

Valedria scowled at me. It was dark and my body was shaking because I had started feeling cold. He noticed and sighed. "Bring her to our camp. She is valuable to us for now."