Chapter sixteen: many questions

Sarah's dead

Quick steps with no stop...

Sarah's dead

Ignoring anyone who spoke to me or called my name...

She's dead, human

Heading to one place only, to get the answers to my many questions...

She's dead...

I scanned my card and stepped inside the laboratory, making my way to my desk. I had gotten discharged from the hospital and had gotten away with lying to the police, thanks to Sei. The sun was setting, the sky a mix of purple and orange. I could not see the sunset from my lab because it had no windows but I had seen it as I drove to the building.

I couldn't ignore this anymore, I had to ask Sei what was going on.

That's if he was still even here, he did say that he was planning to escape today.

I picked up the grey remote and pressed the two buttons, lifting up both the walls. I wanted him to explain himself, with no glass wall separating us. I wanted to hear everything coming from his mouth.

The walls slowly slid up and down, this time it felt like they were taking forever to do so. I caught a small glimpse of his feet on the cold floor and sighed in relief. Good, he hasn't tried anything yet.

"Sei." I called him, wanting to get his attention. His wide back was facing me as he put on a blue hoodie. I looked at his hair, it was a dark yinmin blue, which meant that he would be more aggressive with me. That also meant that he would talk straight and understand my words, so that was good. He hummed in response, fixing his shirt.

He was in a pair of grey sweatpants and was wearing white sneakers.

"What happened to Sarah?" I asked first. I needed to know that more than anything. I had no idea what happened with the government troops and ten scientists. Perhaps they had failed to catch that beast considering that it chased us.

What was that thing?

"She drowned." He answered, turning to look at me. He wasn't chained up but he didn't attempt to do anything to me. He had the perfect chance to escape, I just hope he knew that I wouldn't let him go without a fight.

"How do you know this?" I asked him, recieving a ghost of a smile from him. It made me feel uneasy.

"I saw her." He simply answered.

"Who is Silas?" I asked him. I've been hearing that name a lot and I still had no idea who it was. This time, he smirked and me and shook his head. "Next question."

I'll get back to it afterwards.

He sat down on his bed and motioned at me to come closer, making me step inside his area. I stood in front of him and asked my next question.

"I'm confused about a lot of things. About the police, about you changing colour everyday, about that beast in the woods. I don't know where to start." I told him, feeling tears forming in my eyes. He looked into my eyes but made no movement. His smirk disappeared though, his lips forming into a small frown.

"I'll tell you everything you want to know, little rose." He whispered coarsely, making me slightly smile at him in confusion. Little rose? Where did he get that from? My smile faded, I still had to ask him about the person in my house. The person that had gotten in the shower with me and touched my undergarments.

"Sarah drowned on her way to break up with her fiancé. She was by herself that night." Sei began, making me shake my head.

"I was with her, we went there together."