Chapter forty five: won

"Gia, sweety go back to your room." My father said, gently nudging the back of the little girl.

I was still staring at her in shock, unable to even form any words. They had a child and that child was holding a stuffed toy.

I've never owned one in my life.

"Who are they?" Gia asked again, her widened eyes staring right at me.

"It's no one, just a few grown people having dinner. If you go, I'll buy you donuts tomorrow." Father negotiated with her. The girl's eyes lit up and she nodded eagerly. "Can we get the blue ones again, daddy?"

Again? They let her eat donuts.

"Whichever ones you want, princess."

And did he just call me 'no one'?

I looked away from the somewhat sickening sight in front of me and faced the three men that were looking at me expectantly. They were probably waiting for me to tell them what to do now. We couldn't beat them up now, there was an innocent child here.

"Uh... I... We should uh—" I paused, placing my hand on my forehead. I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. They quite literally replaced me with someone else, which is why they never cared to contact me this entire time. To make matters even more hurtful, they quite literally treat her like how I've always wanted. They love her.

"Deep breath, darling. I know this is difficult." Alexander said to me, placing his hand on my thigh. I held it tightly under the table and nodded slowly.

"Let's just, find a way to steal them. Maybe throw them out the window and someone can load them up in the car." I suggested. They nodded at me.

"They're in their bedroom if I remember correctly, I just don't know how I'll open the safe."

"I'll help you open it," Silas said. Alexander shook his head.

"It's probably better if I go up with her. We are a married couple after all so it won't seem weird if we both do." He said, looking at me. Silas clenched his jaw and forced a smile, nodding in agreement. "Good point."

"Alrighty! Dinner is here!" My mother shouted, appearing from the kitchen with a large bowl of food. "I made cottage pie and fortunately it's enough to feed the whole community." She said with a smile. She placed it at the center of the table and went back to the kitchen to get the plates and glasses.

My father sat down, placing his elbows on the circular table. He was facing me and he stared at me deeply, as if he was trying to see if it was me. His eyes darted to Alexander, "So... How long have you known my daughter?"

"I met her a few months ago at her workplace. I was assisting with an experiment and I happened to be partnered up with her." Alexander said smoothly. I nodded slowly, surprised at how good of a liar he was.

"I fell in love with her immediately and I knew that I had to marry her. The rest was history." He said, kissing my cheek. I smiled and kissed him deeply, making my father laugh.

"Good, I'm glad to see Aki happy. You clearly make her feel that." He said, his blue eyes squinting as he smiled.

"What did I miss?" Mom asked as she sat down next to dad. She kissed him before dishing up for everyone.

"Oh nothing, just learning some more about these love birds right here." He told her.

I could see Silas rolling his eyes at the corner of my eye and I just hoped that he wouldn't say anything rude.

"This was supposed to be our moment." He growled in my head. "I'm your man, not him. Just because I let him kiss you doesn't mean bull."

I looked up at him and his eyes were slightly turning red. I slowly shook my head at him, begging him to calm down. He was scaring me.