Chapter 12

Samantha

Samantha wakes up to the sun shining a little too bright in my eyes for it to be evening. Jerking up, she glances at the clock to see it's seven in the morning. Confused, she glances to the other side, and she lets out a small shriek, seeing Lucas sitting there watching me. He forwards, his elbows resting on his knees.

"You're creepy," She blurts. "Why are you staring at me? Why is it morning, and why are you still in a suit? "

"Because the night is over," he replies as if it answers all my questions.

"You never woke me up," she accuses. He shakes his head. "Why?"

"Didn't seem right to."

"Why? I was supposed to bake something."

He scratches his head, looking uncomfortable. "I didn't want to interrupt your sleep. You looked as if you needed it. I didn't see a reason to wake you."

"So instead, you stared at me."

He leans back, "No. I did some things, and then I came here to sleep."

"Then you stared at me."

"No, I simply woke up before you."

"So you stared at me," Samantha smirks, "was it enjoyable?"

"No," he says, but his ears turn slightly red.

She sits up higher against the headboard. "Hey, if staring is a turn-on for you, I won't judge. A bit odd, but so is sleeping a suit."

His ears turn redder. "I did not sleep in a suit. I already changed."

"So you're going out today?" she asks, surprised when disappointment hits her. Even though they already finished the attic, she is sure there is more they can find to do.

"No, not today. I don't think so, at least."

"Then why the suit?"

"Just in case-," he stops, annoyed. "What's with all the questions?"

She shrugs, "I am a curious person."

"I've noticed," he says in a tone she doesn't appreciate.

"At least I'm not obsessed with wearing a suit. Or watching women sleep."

"I was not-okay, this is enough talk for the morning," he pushes away from the chair. "Let me know when your morning routine is done with, I got something for you."

"Something else for me? Wow, I feel special. First, you stare and now a present."

Lucas ignores her and leaves the room. She grumbles to herself, annoyed he didn't wake, her ups earlier. Her annoyance quickly leaves when he remembers he said he has something for her. She rushes to brush her teeth, and straighten up her hair. She heads to the kitchen and gets a whiff of a disgusting smell that has her puking in the toilet within seconds. Her hope that Lucas didn't hear her fades when she feels her hair being lifted away from her face. Breathing heavily over the toilet, she closes her eyes, hating the feeling she gets after puking.

"Are you alright?" Lucas asks her, continuing to hold her hair. Samantha is suddenly very aware of his other hand on her back. His warmth seeps through like she has no shirt on.

"Mhm." She carefully stands up, her legs wobbly.

"Careful," he says, stabilizing her as she washes her teeth. "Kitchen?"

"No," she wrinkles her nose. "It smells awful there. Who did you kill?"

"Bunch of fish. Vaughn brought it over because he wants me to make Bacalao."