Chapter 38

Samantha

"What if I say please?" Samantha asks.

"I don't care how many times you ask or if you get mad at me, I am not telling you what he said," Lucas holds her tighter against him, laying a kiss on her shoulder. Lucas didn't get home until late into the night. The first thing he did when Julian left was tell her that he got Micheal and kissed her passionately until it led to them wounding up naked under the covers of the bed. He won't tell her what happened with Micheal, but what happened left his jaw stay clenched with anger.

"I know it was about me. I can take it," she insists.

"I am not telling you. You only need to know that I got him, and he is in jail right now. Now can we please stop talking about him and just enjoy each other?"

Samantha shifts around so she faces him. She lightly touches his stubble, admiring his strong chest and toned muscles. "I am sorry for whatever he said to anger you."

"Don't apologize," Lucas wraps a finger around her hair. "It pains me to know what you have had to suffer."

"I don't like to think about it."

Lucas leans in and kisses her, rolling on top of her, "Then I'll help you only think about now."

The next day much to Samantha's pleasure Lucas stays in with her saying that Vaughn can handle Micheal's case for now. They both stay in bed longer than usual, neither of them wanting to leave each other's warmth. When they do make it out of bed for a quick breakfast, they wind up cuddling on the couch. Every minute that she spends with him, is time she feels like it better than the last. It may have been his attractiveness, the first thing she noticed about him, but it's how he treats her that made her like him. How he tolerates her teasing and now often will return it. The little things he will do for her simply because he wants to.

"You know what I want to do again?" she says, remembering the day he taught her salsa.

"What," Lucas murmurs, still rubbing her arm absentmindedly.

"I want to dance."

"Huh," he leans back to look at her, "dance?"

"Yeah, like we did before."

"Are you sure, you're up for it?"

"Yeah," she says standing up in pulling his arm, "let's go. Last time was fun, don't you think so?'

Lucas smirks, "You don't want to know what I was thinking last time."

"Surely you weren't thinking inappropriate things so early on."

Lucas yanks her arm down, tucking her next to him again, "I was thinking inappropriate things the first day."

Samantha squeals as he nips at her ear, "I smelled the first day."

"It was easy to look past that," he kisses her neck, "although I was glad when they let you take a shower."

"Lucas!"

"Kidding," he makes his way to laying a kiss on the corner of her mouth, "Kinda."

"Let's dance," she insists.

"I just want to lay here with you," he mumbles against her lips.

"Nope," she jumps up just as he is starting to cover her body with his, making him fall off the couch.

"Ugh, fine," he gets up, "you want to dance? We'll dance. I'm not going easy on you this time."

"Good."