284

Chapter 55.4 She Is His Life

“Let’s summon You Yingyue to come to our big wedding day,” She said while raising her face and acting coquettishly at him. “I want to scare her to death! She scared the hell out of me at that time!”

You Wuming slowly raised his eyebrows.

“There’s no need to wait until the big wedding day. Tomorrow, you and I will have to go to Han state first.”

Sang Yuanyuan: “Huh?”

You Wuming lazily tightened her on his body again. Resting his elbow on the cloud pillow, supported his forehead, and said carelessly: “It’s Han Shaoling’s birthday. He sent an invitation to Father-in-law, inviting you to go with Big Brother-in-law. We will leave tomorrow.”

Sang Yuanyuan was stunned for a while and said blankly: “Why did he want me to go with Big Brother to his birthday? If it’s a funeral, out of courtesy, we will have to at least go to condolence him. “

You Wuming’s voice was faintly empty: “Little Mulberry, are you so unsympathetic like this towards the old lover?”

Sang Yuanyuan’s heart shivered slightly.

She knows that he won’t doubt her heart for him, but her attitude towards Han Shaoling was very similar to Jiang Yanji’s attitude towards Teacher Ming——She was the one who was so dead set on Han Shaoling before. The one who was willing to block the sword for him was her, but now she is the one who turned her back on one lover and went with another one. The one who was following You Wuming and hoped that Han Shaoling would die, was also her.

Although You Wuming is arrogant and conceited, he would never be like Huangfu Jun, thinking that a woman could abandon her husband and son for him because of his extraordinary charm.

He didn’t want to doubt her, but she also knew that her being so ‘fickle’ was really a bit unreasonable.

She hesitated for a moment and decided to tell the truth.

Things have reached this stage and she didn’t want him to have any misunderstandings towards her.

“You Wuming, if I tell you, the one who is engaged to Han Shaoling is not me at all, do you believe it?”

He slowly lowered his eyes and raised her chin with his fingers: “Say it again.”

“I have lost my previous memories.” She looked at him, “But I know that I have never liked Han Shaoling, and I’m not a dignified Princess Sang. My parents said that after I met Han Shaoling, I have changed. I have become a completely different person, like a wooden puppet. And the me now, is the person I actually was before I changed.”

The faint look of You Wuming gradually became solemn.

She said: “The me at that time, had a very very long dream. In the dream, I spent my short and real life elsewhere. When I woke up from the dream, I was already lying in the Palace of King Han. Today, when I came back here, I remembered a lot of my childhood memories, and I am more sure that there was a period of time when I, was not me.”

With that said, her body couldn’t help but tremble slightly.

“Do you know? When I came back here today, I was happy but also afraid. I just feel that everything in front of me is like a beautiful but evanescent dream that may abandon me at any time. If so, and it happens again? Will I be thrown somewhere again……”

The big cocooned hand covered her mouth.

“It won’t.” He fixed his eyes on her firmly, “I will look after you.”

He found that his chest was weighed down stuffily and burst with pain.

No wonder she drinks so much today. No wonder she deliberately seduced him. Is she worried that after this parting, when they meet again, things will still be there but she will not be the same anymore?

“I will never let anything happen to you.” He said solemnly.

Sang Yuanyuan is not as optimistic as he is: “But we don’t know the reason within, so how can we prevent it?”

“If one has the mind to check it, one will always find it out.”

His arms clasped even tighter, as if wishing to embed her in his body.

“Little Mulberry, don’t be afraid. You have me.”

“Alright.” She raised her face to smile at him.

After a while, she asked wonderingly: “Han Shaoling’s birthday, why did he send an invitation to my brother?”