324

Chapter 61.5 What’s In Hell

You Wuming smiled amusingly, caught her and jumped straight into the bottomless pit with the width of only one zhang.

In an instant, there was a sound of wind ‘whining and whistling’ in her ears. He guarded her head in front of him and motioned to her to mobilize the spiritual essence in her body to resist discomfort.

“Little Mulberry, look.” During the fall, he did not forget to point to the wall of the pit and beckon her to see, “Did you see it? These are the traces left from someone’s falls. Last time you asked me if I believe that the perfect sacrifice can calm the underworld demon. Heh, only fools believe it.”

At this moment, the sky was completely dark, and her body was falling rapidly, she could not see any traces on the wall of the pit.

You Wuming held her tightly in his arms. With a wave of one arm, the wood spirit exploded, and like a sharp blade that cuts into iron and mud, it plunged straight into the wall of the pit.  He grabbed it and immediately hung on the wall of the pit to stabilize his body.

“Look.”

He raised his chin slowly.

Sang Yuanyuan followed his instruction and saw that there were nail scratches on the wall of the pit, as well as the obvious dents and bloodstains left after someone fell from a height and hit the wall of the pit.

“So, the so-called perfect sacrifice has no meaning at all.” She murmured.

You Wuming smiled coldly: “People always need a little self deception.”

Sang Yuanyuan understood it.

Just like before doing important things, people always like to unconsciously look for some ‘predictions’ to give themselves confidence. The matter of the underworld demon is a matter of life and death, and a series of weird rituals are bound to emerge. This ‘perfect sacrifice’ may be the ultimate attainment that people can think of.

She hugged him, secretly drew some temperature from him, and then raised a smiling face: “Let’s continue!”

You Wuming let go of his hand, embraced her and continued to fall.

The smell of sulfur gradually increased in the air.

Sang Yuanyuan nervously poked You Wuming: “It can’t be lava down there, right?”

“No, it’s a mineral vein of spiritual fire.” You Wuming’s eyes, which had been narrowed because of the fall, were bent into a sly slit, “I am going to take it to You state.”

Sang Yuanyuan was confused: “Mineral vein? Just the two of us? Transporting a mineral vein back to You state? “

This amount of work, are you sure it is not tiling the Great Wall?

He smiled triumphantly: “This kind of small matter, there’s no need to let Madam do the labor.”

She asked again but this nasty man deliberately kept her in suspense and refused to say more.

After falling for a while more, the air became drier and the temperature rose a lot.

You Wuming finally brightened up his wings and flapped it twice to stop the fall.

Sang Yuanyuan hugged his thin body and looked around.

Looking up from here, the sky is no longer visible. The wall of the pit is curved, creating a place that was small at the top and big at the bottom. There are extremely spacious underground spaces around them, and one will not be able to find the way if they don’t look carefully.

The light source of illumination in this place was the mineral vein of the spirit fire that You Wuming talked about.

At first glance, she thought it was an underground river flowing with lava.

The smell of sulfur is extremely pungent. There are dark fire spots everywhere in this spirit fire’s mineral vein that sometimes lights up and sometimes extinguished. It comes from the distance where one can’t see the end, and leads to the other end where one also can’t see the end.

You Wuming continues to descend.

The spirit fire’s mineral vein stretches around, emitting a faint dark red gleam, illuminating a part of the underground space. On the edge of the mineral vein, the sometimes lights up and extinguished dark fire will create some moving shadows from time to time.

From a height, it seems that there are countless ants below.

You Wuming retracted his lower wings and swept straight down. In an instant, he reached a place less than a hundred zhang away from the spirit fire’s mineral vein.

Sang Yuanyuan looked down and took a cold breath in surprise. Her heart was pounding disorderly in her chest.

She was horrified when she found the things that were creeping slowly along the spirit fire’s mineral vein was actually a dense tide of underworld demons!

She subconsciously grasped him tightly.

You Wuming pressed his lips, holding her tighter in a calm expression.

“Shhh,” He whispered against her ear, “Talking like this will prevent us from being discovered.”