350

Chapter 65.7 Unbridled Puppet

“Why do you say it like that?” The man slapped her body in many places.

The woman turned her hand and pinched him: “Where am I wrong? Hey, you tell me then. Since this daughter-in-law married into the house of Zhang’s family, she had been working as a cow and horse. She even accompanied her husband in providing for the little brother-in-law, a mud that couldn’t support the wall[1]. The husband and wife were reluctant to even spend money on food and clothing. They saved only that little much of money but it all was used to pay the little brother-in-law’s gambling debt! It was not easy for them to finally have a big fat son last year. This Old Zhang finally opened his mind and stopped providing for that rotten Second Zhang’s food, drink, and fun. And what is the good result? That one year old baby inexplicably ran out of his home and drowned in the river last month! Old Wu, didn’t you say it yourself too, that probably it was the rotten Second Zhang who did it?”

The man said: “This, this is only a suspicion. We can’t talk nonsense without evidence!”

“Huh.” The woman sneered, “I say, that kind of Heart-Seeker’s murdering, means that Heaven isn’t blind about Second Zhang’s black and rotten heart, and hollowed his heart out for it! That side just killed his own nephew, then turned around and cheated all of the money his brother and sister-in-law had saved for their child, and gambled it away! Look, that baby died last month. Didn’t you see him look cheerful everyday? Hey, even me as the neighbor, still feels painful when I think of that fat baby!”

“Hey, hey, the person is already dead. We must honor the dead. Don’t talk about it anymore.” The man said. “Anyway, you have to spend more time to persuade Sister Zhang!”

“Yeah.” The woman said, “Although losing a child is a sad thing, they are still young and have a chance to have another baby again. That blood sucking worm, Second Zhang, is gone. It’s time to live a real life from now on! I will talk with her tomorrow, and you’d better persuade Old Zhang too!”

The couple talked for a while, and then they got entangled on the bed.

Sang Yuanyuan: “……” Sure enough. Usually, the ancient people didn’t have much entertainment, and the night life began even before the sky turned dark.

You Wuming tugged at her sleeve.

Sang Yuanyuan was digesting the information that she had just received before, and looked back at him a little dazedly.

The corners of his eyes twitched slightly, and shot a warning glance towards her.

Sang Yuanyuan: “???”

On the edge of the alley, an earth-shattering strange cry suddenly rang out——

“Monster aaaaaaahhhhh!”

Sang Yuanyuan was startled and turned her gaze to the direction of the sound.

Then she saw a middle-aged man, with an honest and simple appearance, push away the flatbed carriage, revealing the big and mournful face plate of the big face flower under the carriage.

Sang Yuanyuan: “……Let’s run!”

You Wuming, without thinking at all, pressed Duan Ming’s both sides and dashed out of the alley like an arrow released from the string.

“Uh……” Sang Yuanyuan was very embarrassed, “I scared your people, sorry.”

“They are your people too.” You Wuming said.

Sang Yuanyuan rubbed her nose: “This flower is really……Its face is getting bigger and bigger day by day.”

She shook her head and said sternly: “Just now, I heard some news. The one who was killed by the puppet was a gambler and a villain, who probably killed his own nephew a month ago. Because there is no evidence, he still lives well and continues to squander his brother’s and sister-in-law’s money until his heart was taken out of his body a few days ago. The neighbor said that Heavens did it. “

You Wuming chuckles: “You mean, the puppet was enforcing justice on behalf of Heaven?”

Sang Yuanyuan looked inexplicable: “Let’s take a look elsewhere.”

“Alright.” You Wuming replied softly, “The second victim was a good man with a very good reputation, who tries never to offend anybody. Little Mulberry, don’t expect too much from ‘it’.”

Sang Yuanyuan nodded her head gently: “Yeah. I know.”

After crossing three streets, they arrived at another courtyard with white banners.

The gate of the courtyard was open. You Wuming looked around and strode in.

Sang Yuanyuan was about to catch up when she suddenly felt something. She turned her head to look back——And saw a small hand grabbing her skirt.

[1] a mud that couldn’t support the wall: a waste.