Arc 1. 10

“Today we are all gathered here to choose the two students who will represent our school in the competition. The two best will then take part in the competition. Now I ask all students of the art department to come on stage and present their paintings.” the principal
announced on the stage before the whole school.

The teachers and students sitting in the audience clapped their hands and the event started.

One after the other, the students went onto the stage and presented their
paintings.

So far, the teachers from the art department have not found a student who has the talent to take part in the competition. When it was Su Yan's turn to go on stage, the teacher's faces brightened.

This student of theirs is the most talented in their class. His paintings were stunning and he was not arrogant about his talent. They all had high
expectations of him.

And he didn't disappoint them either, because when they saw the painting he painted they were satisfied.

Su Yan's picture is very colourful. The theme of his picture is freedom, and he has painted a landscape full of variously blooming and exquisite flowers. In the corner there is also a tree whose leaves are blowing. In the background is a clear blue sky with singing birds flying free.

The students and teachers were drawn by his painting and their faces brightened too. A loud applause rang out through the whole hall.

"As always, you did a great job, Su Yan. You surprise me every time. I don't even know what to say about your picture. In any case, you have surpassed yourself with this picture, so be proud of yourself." said a teacher and looked at him proudly.

Su Yan laughed smugly and triumphantly in his heart, but from the outside you could only see him shyly bowing to the teachers and thanking them, then walked off the stage.

‘Let’s see if you can top this Li Chang Bo.’

Feng ran was already waiting for him downstairs, who took him in his arms and praised him.

After a while, it was finally Li Chang Bo's turn to go on stage and present his painting.

When the teachers saw that it was Li Chang Bo's turn to present, they weren't as excited as they were with Su Yan.

When they first saw Li Chang Bo's painting a few years ago, they
were excited to have a talented kid in their department, but that was also the last they ever saw of one of his paintings. So they thought something had happened to him or that he
wasn't the one who drew it.

They couldn't do anything against him because he came from a noble family and they couldn't afford to upset his family, so they let Li Chang Bo do
whatever he wanted. But this time they wouldn't have thought that he would participate in this event.

Li Chang Bo new through their expression what they were thinking about and just ignored.

He wasn’t interested in what others thought of him.
He put down his painting and took off the cover.

Everyone gasphed after seeing the painting. Li Chang Bo didn’t an oil painting but he painted an oriental Asian traditional ink brush painting in black and white.

Just like Su Yan
he painted a landscape but his theme was nature.
Forests were visible to the right and left of the picture. Between these woods was a river whose water flowed calmly.
Mountains and cliffs were visible in the background with a cloudless sky.
Just by looking at this painting could you put yourself in it and hear the rustling of the leaves and smell the salt of the water. One thing came to their minds.
‘WORK OF ART’