Arc 3. 4

After Xiao Bai returned with the herbs and food, Li Chang Bo prepared the ointment. The preparation took almost all of his strength, which annoyed him because he did not like being weak. Originally, he wanted to put the ointment on his body himself, since he was not a fan of being touched by strangers, but since he was unable to do so, he called Xiao Bai for help.

"Miss, Xiao Bai needs to take off your clothes to correctly apply the ointment on your body. Please tell Xiao Bai if the miss is in pain." Xiao Bai said before helping Concubine Li undress.

Li Chang Bo was uncomfortable with the process, having never been undressed by anyone other than Feng Yu Han. After the ointment was applied and Xiao Bai dressed Concubine Li, the two ate. Li Chang Bo shared the food he had bought and gave Xiao Bai the other half.

"Xiao Bai doesn't dare. This is miss' food, how can Xiao Bai share the food with miss. Miss must eat it all up so Miss will get better sooner. Xiao Bai still has tasks to do." Xiao Bai said as she slowly walked backwards and then quickly walked away before Li Chang Bo could stop her.

Li Chang Bo exhaled loudly and put the other half of the porridge on the table and only ate his half. When Xiao Bai came back at night to check on the Miss, she saw the porridge on the table and tears welled up in her eyes.

'My poor miss. Why did you leave some for Xiao Bai, even though you need it yourself? You are far too nice for your own good' Xiao Bai thought and cried while eating.

Moments of Concubine Li's suffering in the past popped into her mind and every time he said nothing after he lit. He didn't complain, didn't talk behind the backs of the people who hurt him, buried all his pain in his belly, and didn't show anyone that he was unwell. But Xiao Bai knew, she knew that he was not well and that his condition was worsening day by day. Every evening, she sat outside the door and listened to her miss stifling his cries, sometimes choking on it and coughing hard. Each time, Xiao Bai wanted to go in and keep her Miss company and help her as much as she could, but Xiao Bai knew that Concubine Li would not want Xiao Bai to see him in this condition. Xiao Bai got up after eating and looked at Concubine Li once more before closing the door.

'I hope that you will soon be released from your pain and that only happy days lie ahead of you, Concubine Li.'

_____________

During the next month, Li Chang Bo concentrated on treating his sick body and bringing it out of its life-threatening condition as best he could. He also discussed with his system how they could make Consort Fu's life a living hell and take revenge on her for Concubine Li. Because of the system at Consort Fu's side, Li Chang Bo had to be especially careful not to reveal that he was not of this world. Through his system, Li Chang Bo found out what kind of system Consort Fu had bonded to and what he had to do to break their bond. Although it was not easy and also quite dangerous, Li Chang Bo had to interfere in all missions involving Feng Yu Han so that Consort Fu would stop earning points and even lose some after some time. When the system loses the points he earns through Feng Yu Han, it becomes weak as it relies on the dragon energy in Feng Yu Han's body to power itself. After losing energy, the system would then untie from his bond with Consort Fu to connect with someone with more potential, who would then be Li Chang Bo. If the system then appeared in Li Chang Bo's consciousness to force him to bind himself, his system would devour it without the world's consciousness finding out, since all this is happening in Li Chang Bo's consciousness.

After planning what they would do about Consort Fu and his system, Li Chang Bo was finally free and the problem he had been trying to suppress since his arrival in this world came to light - Feng Yu Han. Li Chang Bo really wanted to see his husband as soon as possible, but he knew that he was unable to do so at the moment. He knew that Feng Yu Han wouldn't push him away just because he had scars on his body and looked the way he did now, but Li Chang Bo still felt insecure. This was the first time he had encountered his husband in such a bad state, and all sorts of bad scenarios were circulating in his head, lowering his mood even more.