Arc 3. 8

“Your Majesty, there have been many reports of natural disasters in neighbouring countries calling for help. We must prepare for it.”
Many countries suffered from natural disasters, some with serious consequences, others with minor ones.

"And what do you suggest we do, Prime Minister Feng?" Emperor Feng asked, looking slightly at them all as he leaned on his dragon chair. He wore a gold-black dragon robe that adorned his perfect body. His hair was pulled up in a braid, exposing his forehead and revealing his striking facial features. On his head lay his dragon crown and the golden ornaments falling from it lightly covered his face. All of this, coupled with his cold and indifferent eyes, made him look heavenly.

“This lowly one does not dare your majesty. This minister believes we need to get to the bottom of this. Rumours are circulating that these natural disasters are not normal. They all happen in a certain pattern, and everyone believes that the next country to suffer will be the Feng Dynasty." The Prime Minister explained seriously and worried about the impending disaster.

"I don't think we should place any credence in these rumours, Your Majesty. It may be true that other countries are plagued by natural disasters, but that doesn't necessarily mean that our country is next. Perhaps this is all just an ambush to lure us into their trap. Maybe it's a plan hatched by our enemy to win us over." A third-ranking minister remarked.

What he said made sense and many ministers believed him, but there were still some who took the Prime Minister's word for it. They continued to discuss the rumour they had all heard, and one thing was certain: there were many unexplained natural calamities occurring, and someone had spread speculation about their country being the next victim.

"Silence" A cold voice echoed through the hall and silenced everyone.

"Prime Minister, this matter is being handed over to you. Find out if the rumours are true and come back to report to me." The Prime Minister bowed and accepted the Emperor's edict.

"But what about the mysterious man, Your Majesty?"

"If the rumours are indeed true, he will come to us by himself. But I still want you to investigate him."

"General Lin, reinforce the guard at the country's gates. There will be many refugees seeking protection. Search them and don't let any suspicious people in. If there is a suspect, he will be arrested immediately, no matter who he is. You can release him after interrogation." General Lin bowed and also accepted the emperor's edict.

"Second and Third Ministers, you will be responsible for sheltering the refugees." The Second and Third Ministers also bowed and accepted their edict.

"You are all dismissed." Emperor Feng said closing the morning court. Everyone in the courtroom bowed down and shouted their farewells while Emperor Feng strode out of the room.

"Long live your majesty! Long live your majesty! Long live your majesty!"

—-------------------------

When Feng Yu Han arrived at his courtyard, he noticed a figure sitting on the ground with a book in his hand, leaning against a peach tree. He stopped where he was and watched his baby.

Li Chang Bo wore a creamy white robe decorated with milk-white beads on his torso. His hair was half pinned up with a jade crown and his dark brown waves flowed down his back. Next to him was a wooden stool on which he propped his elbow. The book lay on his lap and he turned the pages after a short while with a languid expression on his face, completely relaxed. A breeze blew, rustling the leaves and a fresh floral scent filled the air.

As if he felt that someone was watching him, Li Chang Bo slowly raised his head and looked into Feng Yu Han's eyes. When he realised who it was, a smile formed on his face.