Arc 3. 1

When Li Chang Bo woke up, he found himself kneeling on the floor with many women and some men standing around him.

He looked down at himself and saw that he was wearing an ancient robe and his hair was so long that it almost touched the ground.

His clothes were covered in blood and he felt pain in his knees, cheeks and back.

Looking around, he saw three women and two men in expensive hanfus and jewellery staring at him mockingly with hatred in their eyes as they sat at a table drinking tea.

Behind each of them stood three servants who were attending to them.

As the weather was very warm today, they sat in the shade while Li Chang Bo knelt on the hot ground with the sun shining directly on him.

In the background one could see a desolated palace and an unkept garden.

The vibe in this place was gloomy and cold.

While Li Chang Bo was observing his surroundings, one of the three women noticed that his attention was elsewhere and she was furious.

"Insolence! Who do you think you are, ignoring Consort Fu?" she said, giving Li Chang Bo an angry look.

The others sitting next to her also sneered at Li Chang Bo and sniggered from behind their fans.

"You are the lowest concubine in this palace and you think you can do whatever you want?"

"Brother, I don't think the beating was enough for him. He is clearly taunting you," one of the two men said, looking mockingly at Li Chang Bo.

Hearing this, the anger of the man who held the rank of consort and the name Fu rose, and he instructed the servants to whip Li Chang Bo.

"Servants, whip concubine Li fifty times. If he faints, pour cold water on him to wake him up." Consort Fu said.

"I hope you know your place now, Concubine Li. Do not think you will ever win the Emperor's favour." he said.

Li Chang Bo endured the whippings, and sometimes fainted in between, but woke up again after being splashed with cold water.

Now you are probably wondering why he does nothing. Well, it's because he doesn't know the plot of this world yet and he hasn't received the memories of the original owner.

So all he can do is endure and wait for his system to come back after he has finished upgrading.

After Li Chang Bo was whipped fifty times by the guard an Eunuch came into the yard, bypassed him and went to Consort Fu.

After seeing the Eunuch, Consort Fu and the other Concubines stood up and looked at him hopeful. “Eunuch Zhang how can I help you?” Consort Fu asked although he already had an inkling of why he was here.

“His Majesty the Emperor wants to see, Consort Fu. Please, come with me.” The
Eunuch said and went away with Consort Fu without giving Li Chang Bo a glance.

When the other Concubines heard that the Emperor wants to see Consort Fu, they were envious and jealous. Ever since Consort Su joined the Harem the Emperor has favoured him and only visited his bed chambers while ignoring all the other Concubines in his harem.

As the show was over they all went to their courtyard and ignored the bleeding Li Chang Bo who was lying unconscious on the scorching hot ground.

While Li Chang Bo lay unconscious on the floor, someone else on the other side of the palace felt uneasy in their heart.

He had been feeling stuffy in his heart for an hour, as if something bad was going to happen, which he would later regret.