Arc 3. 7

“ahhhhh, it hurts. Stop it. Let me go.” Fu Han screamed in pain as a guard kept whipping him.

This has been going on for over a week now. They have used many different methods of torture on him. At first he didn't know why they were torturing him like this, he even thought that the emperor had found out that he had used his power and name behind his back in order to do as he pleased and this was why he was being tortured. Although he had confessed to everything he had done under the influence of the emperor's power, they didn't stop torturing him.

First they gave him nothing to eat or drink, then they forced him to eat food that was already rotten. Consort Fu naturally tried to prevent this and use his authority as the emperor's consort, but failed. They held him down and gagged the food down his throat. When he puked, they picked it up, shoved it down his throat and covered his mouth. Consort Fu was forced to swallow it, even though he found it disgusting. He was whipped with different types of whips, some had barbs, some were thicker than the last or extremely fine, some also had poison on them which made his body itch and burn. It felt like thousands of ants were crawling over his body and slowly eating him up.

That feeling almost drove him crazy. His body was covered from head to toe with whip marks and burn marks. He was not allowed to use the toilet so he had to do his toiletry in the corner of the cell. After some time the air in the cell was so bad that one would faint from it as it was so dirty. It was only when they started questioning him about Concubine Li, did he know why he was in here. He remembered how the emperor had behaved the day he went to Li Chang Bo to take his anger out on him. The way he looked at him, as if he was ready to sacrifice the whole world for him.
Deep in thought, he did not realize that another person had entered the dungeon and was watching him being tortured.

"Who are you?" a deep, bone-chilling voice rang out throughout the room, snapping him out of his thoughts. Emperor Feng examined his eyes deeply and noticed the panic in them. Thinking over and over about their first encounter, Feng Yu Han noticed several things which made no sense, such as how consort Fu knew exactly where he was when he was injured, or how he wasn't afraid to see a semi-dead man in armour bleeding to death on the ground and even taking him into his house. Was he not afraid of being followed by people who would kill him if they found out he had taken him in? On top of that, he was not in the least surprised when he found out Feng Yu Han's identity. His emotions were fake, but Feng Yu Han didn't realise it at that moment.

Now that he saw fear in his eyes, he was sure that Fu Han was not the person everyone thought he was. ‘Maybe this is also the reason why he is so intent on his baby?’ 
Feng Yu Han's eyes narrowed, he grabbed the whip from the guard's hand and struck Fu Han once. Fu Han cried out in pain and curled up.

"Zhen asked you a question! So you are to answer me! WHO are you and WHAT do you want from Concubine Li?"

Trembling, Consort Fu looked up: "This concubine doesn't understand what the emperor is saying." He batted his eyes, tilted his head and tried to look pitiful. "This concubine is the one the emperor fell in love with before this concubine entered the palace. This concubine doesn't understand why the emperor is doing this. It hurts this concubine's feelings. This concubine has nothing to do with Brother Li. I don't know what Brother Li told the emperor, but it's not true. This concubine has always wanted the best for everyone and has even gone to Brother Li and fed him and helped him, but he has always been rude to this concubine and refused this concubine's help. Your Majesty must believe me."

Li Chang Bo got up from the bed and noticed that Feng Yu Han was not in the room.
'Hey Xiao Yi, where is he?'
[Host, he has gone to the dungeon and is currently questioning Fu Han]

Li Chang Bo went towards the dungeon, although he was stopped by the eunuch before he entered the dungeon.
"Concubine Li, you are not permitted to enter this place."
"Don't worry, if the emperor asks you why I entered this place, tell him that I insisted and you were unable to stop me."