4.

as they all expected, yn lost her privileges to sit at the student council members table shortly after daishou saw posters around the school

as they all expected, yn lost her privileges to sit at the student council members table shortly after daishou saw posters around the school. it wasn't the first time someone took her seat and she didn't know where to sit, so she handled it well. it hurt, but she could deal with it.

she walked straight to the... not empty band's table. they usually ate in their practice room, but when she needed to sit here, they decided to eat in the cafeteria. malice of fate. she couldn't just sit next to them when they hadn't talked since she began dating daishou.

"my god, she looks like lost puppy."

yn was about to walk out of the cafeteria to avoid further embarrassment when she heard her name called.

"sit with us, ln-san."

"come on here, i made space for you."

she looked at the volleyball team for a second to see if they were serious or joking, but they actually made room for her to sit with them.

"oh, thank you."

she tried her best to smile at them, but it was clear how sad she was. nothing weird, not only did her boyfriend ignore her, but her seat was taken by another girl who happened to be very close to daishou.

"i heard that the school band plans to perform at this year's big festival."

kita tried to choose a neutral topic for conversation, knowing that  discussing daishou's asshole behavior further would not make their new friend feel comfortable around them.

"oh."

"what?"

"huh?"

she was caught off guard by the sudden focus on her after osamu asked her a question.

"you said, 'oh.'"

"oh, it's nothing. i just didn't know they were going to perform."

"i kinda missed it, last year's festival had a whole vibe because of their performance."

stsumu sighed as they all thought about last year's festival. the school band wasn't the most popular club now, but the mention of their performances drew a lot of attention because of great show they put on last year. sadly, they only performed a few times at the start of last year, and then they just... disappeared.

"i'm not sure if it'll work out this year now that this girl has left.

"who?"

their focus returned to yn, who was frozen with her chopsticks halfway to her mouth.

"the girl who was their main vocalist the past year."

suna explained to her, while the others talked about how much fun they had last year.

"she was literally so good."

"yeah, i wish she'd stay longer to sing at the school ceremonies or something at least. maybe it wouldn't be so boring."

"if I had a voice like this, i'd never shut up."

"it's not like you ever shut up, anyway."

atsumu squinted angrily at his brother. osamu started this war. he needed to launch heavy guns to match his attitude.

"remember how 'samu finally got the courage to ask eita about her and he just ghosted him?"

"shut the fuck up, 'tsumu."

"it was fun to watch."

"not you too, aran..."

"oh, come on, it's been a year, we can laugh about it now, 'samu."

"no, we can't, it'll haunt me until i die. i genuinely believed i had a chance."

he mumbled, his arms crossed across his chest. atsumu hit it below the belt when he reminded everyone of his brother's last year crush and his broken heart.

"can you, please, stop?"

they stopped bickering because of the quiet voice and looked at their new friend, who sat red-faced, with her hands trying to hide her cheeks.

"what happened?"

kita questioned, with worried expression on his face. he was the one who invited yn to sit with them, so it was his responsibility to look after her and make her feel welcome and at comfortable around them.

"awh, are you jealous, ln-chan?"

because of atsumu's stupid joke, osamu didn't waste any time in kicking him under the table. they could all see that this was not the time for atsumu's usual behavior.

"what? oh my god..."

yn put her hand on her open mouth, speechless.

"oh my god! i thought you were just joking around because you knew that you were around me, but you really didn't recognize me!"

"oh my god."

now it was their turn to be flabbergasted.

"i have to go, i need to... feed my... fish."

osamu said quickly as he gathered his belongings. the rest were unsure whether to laugh at their friend or sympathize with him, so they chose to look in awe at yn, who looked nothing like the person they had just praised.

they could see the girl who was the frontman of the school band again for a brief moment when she laughed loudly because of osamu. but, sadly, after a split second, she realized how loud she was and stopped laughing to avoid drawing attention to herself from other tables.

"oh my god, it was funny. you didn't finish your lunch, miya-san; you can avoid me later, don't worry about it now."

yn said, wiping her tears away. she felt very uncomfortable at first, but when she realized she was just witnessing normal bickering between friends and not some kind of joke on her, her feelings changed. it was hilarious to see them embarrassed. necause of it, she didn't even pay attention to their reveal of osamu's crush on her last year.

"i thought you were bluffing for a second, but I see it now."

atsumu observed her face closely.

"why did you leave the band?"

suna drew everyone's attention when he asked the question everyone was thinking about. they just didn't know how or when to ask any questions about it. yn's smile faded in an instant. it was fascinating to watch her face and how quickly her expression could change.

"i didn't, i'm still a member of the club, but we don't talk anymore. they basically stopped talking to me once i started dating daishou, stopped inviting me to practice, and stopped hanging out with me. it was okay at first because i had other people around me who liked me, but they weren't my friends, so they didn't last long, and then i only had daishou and no one else in this school, but now even he isn't talking to me, so it kind of hurts that i chose boyfriend over my friends, but it's not something i can change now. you can see for yourself that no one knows who i am other than daishou's girlfriend."

she mumbled as she stabbed her rice with the chopsticks in the lunchbox.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't overshare like that."

yn placed her chopsticks down and flexed her hands on her knees.

"it's fine, ln-san, you can talk to us."

"you guys are so nice to me, i'm gonna cry."

she whined, squeezing her eyes shut so she wouldn't cry, and buried her face in her hands.

"ln, don't cry! it's a happy day because we finally now know why eita ghosted osamu that day!"

"will you shut up?!"

𓆩☆⋆。°🏐✧♪˖°🎤°.•☆𓆪