30.

suna sat on his kitchen counter, watching as yn watched the boiling water with noodles in it

suna sat on his kitchen counter, watching as yn watched the boiling water with noodles in it. she didn't take her gaze away from the pot for a second. she promised suna that she could make the best ramen ever and watched every step as if it would cause a revolution if she didn't look at it for a second.

it was cute how eager she was to show off her cooking skills.

it caused him to slowly approach her and, after a moment of fighting his demons and wondering if it was okay for him to do so, he hugged her from behind. it was embarrassing how bad he was at keeping his hands to himself around yn, he usually held a hand on her back or, when he was trying to annoy her, he laid his elbow on her shoulder, just to remind her that he was a few centimeters taller. when the occasion called for it, he would place his hand on her knee or lightly brush her hair with his fingers. they hugged quite frequently, but each time it felt different, more intimate.

he was convinced she felt his beating heart on her back.

but she didn't say anything. she actually smiled softly when she felt suna's hands on her stomach. her face was warmer than usual.

suna leaned in slightly to rest his chin on her shoulder, causing her to whince slightly.

"try using the other shoulder."

"what's wrong with his one?"

he asked, softly laughing, but he changed the shoulder he put his chin on exactly as she asked. he guessed that yn had probably tried to carry too much in her bag on one shoulder again, causing her a bit of pain.

"are you okay, yn?"

suna expected her to brag about how strong she is and how she can carry heavy objects while nothing was hurting her. she always made excuses like this, despite the fact that she had clearly strained her shoulder with whatever muscles were in it. but she seemed off this time.

"ah... i can't think of a good excuse..."

her quiet voice made him take a step back.

"why would you need an excuse? what happened?"

"nothing much, really, don't get so serious."

she used that suna freed her from his warm and cozy hug to cast off the water from the pot. the ramen had to wait until she told him about the incident at school.

"one guy pushed me on lockers after... well, after nothing, he said really weird things, and i thought i could just ignore him and walk away, but apparently, not everyone can handle rejection."

Within seconds, yn felt hands on her cheeks and worried eyes on her face.

"a guy pushed you on lockers, and you say it's nothing?"

"i mean, there isn't much anyone can do about it, so it's nothing much."

"i can kick his ass, if you tell me who."